Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a Style 44 kit because i see the shogun everywhere. Anyways, the thing about the style 44 is that it seems awesome in one picture and then stock in another picture.

It seems that this kit needs just the right rims and a drop to make it look cool. Like JPMX6GT, in those pics of your 6 in teh parking lot...its dropped right there right? Cuz the green and red ones you posted seem "not as cool".

·
Registered
321 Posts
Finally someone who has the same problem I have. I have also been tossing and turning between which kit to get. SHogun is SHogun, no questions asked, but every style 44 pic I see is somewhere between supersleek, sleek, too gentel, too round and too STOCK LIKE! I thought it may have been the wing Jorge added later on, but the sideview of his car with the stock wing is still awesome. I duuno if rims and dropping can make SUCH a difference, maybe its just the perfect color and lighting in Jorge's pics. I don't know! And I still can decide which kit :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is strange but that kit looks good if done right. But some input from others who have the kit..

·
Registered
763 Posts
It could also be the way the picture(s) were taken, lighting, camera, etc...

Cause I agree with both of you, ie the Erebuni Picture for the style 44 kit, IS RIDICOULUS

It seems like they are trying to DIS-ATTRACT people from buying the 44 kit rather than attract it cause the picture they use in their website and catalog ARE WACK it makes the kit look TERRIBLE and the car has different rims on both sides I dunno what they are thinking Jorge should send them pics of his car to use instead of the wack red ones.

Anyways, dropping always makes a difference I think no matter what kit or no kit, a 6 " fender gap aint cool

And rims could make a difference...

I contemplated for a long time too before I decided to go with the 44 front bumper ( I cant affford the whole kit!! )

peace

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Ahh yess... it was bound to come up sooner or later....

I've spoken to the reps at Erebuni-NYC about their advertizing of the kit. They agree that the pic in the magazines of that red MX6 sucks and agreed to post pics of my car instead. The only thing they need is for me to send them 5X7's of my car by mail and they'll update their advertisements. Only problem is that I'm too lazy to print some poics out and then send them via snail mail....

Anyway, as far as the kit itself, you definitely have to see it in order to really appreciate it. Before I got it, I immediately didn't want the Shogun simply because everyone was getting it. Right now, there must be like 20 people on the board that have a full shogun kit. Full style 44... maybe 3 or 4 including me. I was pretty much thinking either way until I saw 2 MX6's with this kit while I was driving around. After seeing it once, I had to get it.

Another reason why I got it was because it looks almost stock. if you look at my car, you'll see that I don't have anystickers or anything that will sttract attention other than the wing in the rear. I wanted cleanliness. This kit does just that. It simply ADS to the excisting smoothe lines that the MX6 already has. Not too crazy, yet agressive.

Now, with ANY car, if you drop it a few inches, the car will LOOK a lot different. In the pics I have up on my site, my car was dropped about 1" from the lowest setting on the ground controls. The drop DOES make a huge difference. Just tale a look at those pics of the red and black one..... eeeeeek right.... the car definitely needs to be dropped if you're going to aquire a body kit in my opinion.

RIMS as well. I'd say 17" rims are the minimum you should have if you have a kit. I personally might be going for 18"s next summer if I don't sell my car. rims make a world a difference.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

JPMX6GT do you know what all he has to to his car? I cannot tell if that is dropped or is it the rims that are giving the effect. IMO that is a awesome car, I can relate to this since it is the same color as mine.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the same thiking as you Jorge, I like the 44 because it is rounded and flows amazingly with the car. However your car must be dropped and have nice rims, at least 17". I have 17" rims, next summer I will be dropping it, putting a cat-back and Intake, and the summer after that (finally) I will be putting the 44 on it and painting it dark blue (porche or Lambo blue).

And that Burgundy one that Lando posted is AMAZING, it helped my decision about keeping the stock spoiler.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I love the sideview of that car and Jorges car with stock spoiler, but the spoiler Jorge has on now just makes it that little bit more non-stock, which I think the 44 kit needs. I am still bouncing between shogun and 44. here in south africa there are NO kits, so I will definitely be unique. 44 follows original lines, but the shogun is so damm mean!! what is a man to do?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reason I want the style 44 is because MX6 is a very stylish car IMO...adding a real distinct body kit makes it seem like another honda import sytlez wannabe car. Don't get me wrong, i like the shogun and the other kit that coolnoodle has but like I said this gives the car some curves that make people look twice at it and go "damn that's a nice car".

·
Registered
321 Posts
Fully agreed, that's why the choice is so darn difficult. I look at style 44 pics and say 'I gotta get that', then I look at Shogun and say' nah I gotta get that'. AARRRGG!!!! I think I'm gonna buy an absolutely non modifiable car next

·
Registered
242 Posts
xenithon said:
I think I'm gonna buy an absolutely non modifiable car next
Where's the fun in that? :D :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
A few more pics like this and I might have to get a kit like this instead of just the Mazda Speed front lip spoiler. No more posts with pics... I don't have the cash right now.

·
baaaaaaaaaad Honda.
3,857 Posts
hey!!

hey thats ISPYNU's car!! he lives like 20 minutes from me thats a sick ride!! but i think i **** the shogun kit better!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts