Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i am in the process of redoing my whole brake system, I bought vented brembo rotors/ goodridge brake lines/ and nopi's performance brake pads. My question is does brake shoe do anything performance wise?

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Brake shoes are for drum brakes. If you have an LS V6 as your name indicates, you should have disc brakes at all four corners, therefore having zero use whatsoever for a brake shoe. You use pads at every corner.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ha ha, the first thing I thought of when I saw "performance brake shoe" was, "wouldn't that be like saying - 'Performance' Broken Leg?" followed by "What's the best kind of broken leg to have?" because, well, drum brakes suck. But seeing as how that's not the case... Yes, brake pads can have a very noticeable effect on your braking.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
[Danjamin] said:
Ha ha, the first thing I thought of when I saw "performance brake shoe" was, "wouldn't that be like saying - 'Performance' Broken Leg?" followed by "What's the best kind of broken leg to have?" because, well, drum brakes suck. But seeing as how that's not the case... Yes, brake pads can have a very noticeable effect on your braking.
The best upgrade you can do with drum brakes is rip them the hell out and put the discs in. That's what I did :tup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts