Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have multiple left zombie, probinator and other brand of chip for 88-89 and 90-92 year. ask for priced with year of your car

·
Registered
90 Posts
91' MX6 gt 5 speed?

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks Goodchildren, got everything a few days ago. :tup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
1988 mx6 gt 5speed
Can you tell me what chip would be best for my situation

Stock except for intake exhaust, boost controller, and my turbo is one made back in the early 2000s that uses the stock mx6 hot side and an rx7 cold side. Just a little bigger but not much.

Also what goes into installing it? Just pop the old chip out and the new one goes in? Or is there soldering and whatnot involved?

·
Registered
90 Posts
You have to remove the old chip from the board with a soldering iron and then solder in the new socket that will hold the new chip.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
zombie and probinator have very similar but i can send you a socket and one chip of each for 35 $ USD shipped. you can test it and use the one you love better

·
Registered
2 Posts
zombie and probinator have very similar but i can send you a socket and one chip of each for 35 $ USD shipped. you can test it and use the one you love better
If I have the chip and socket do I have to solder? I cant have any down time if I fuck up my board. If I do have to solder do you have any prechipped ecus for my vehicle? I can send you my stock one after I receive the chipped one. Would that work? Or do you not have any ecus on hand?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I have the chip and socket do I have to solder? I cant have any down time if I fuck up my board. If I do have to solder do you have any prechipped ecus for my vehicle? I can send you my stock one after I receive the chipped one. Would that work? Or do you not have any ecus on hand?
you need to unsold old chip and soldering new socket in ecu and install chip in socket. for now only have a 90-92 prechipped ecu in stock.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am a bit new to the chips but tell me what is the advantage of usinging these?

I am interested and in search of some easy power, my 88 626 GT is bone stock...is this a good start?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts