Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so after much consideration, I have decided I will get a 94MX6 LS.

And I have a few questions, so where better to go right? :)

First off, I can't seem to find a SOLID HP rating for all the MX6's, can anyone point me to a place (or post the info here) of what all 6's have what power (MTX, ATX, LS, etc. etc.).

Second, what is the general lifespan of this car? i.e. how many miles on it before it turns into a money pit.

And finally, the real reason I am posting :)
What all mods are available for this car performance wise?
I already know most of what I will do to the exterior (Style 44, fog lamps, 18" rims, few others).
And I am sure that the standard intake mods apply, and have seen a few of them done here.

I am mostly interested in things like, possible TC/SC, Nos, any other advanced performance mods. not just a new air intake :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Try Probeparts.com for plenty of info.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If performance is important, you really only want to get an LS MTX. As was said earlier, 164 hp at the crank. You can do a lot of work and make the I4 (118 hp I think) pretty quick, and you can make an ATX pretty quick, but why start at a disadvantage when you haven't bought the car yet and have a choice?

As for mods, there are plenty of mods available. You just have to look a bit harder than you would for a Honda. The standard things are fairly readily available: intake, headers, exhaust, pulley, springs, struts, coilovers, sway bars, strut bars, brakes..... beyond that, you have to start getting a little more creative... port and polish work on the intake manifold and heads, there are a few sources for reground cams, higher flow fuel pump, make a universal fpr fit, etc.

In terms of reliability and longevity, I would put both the I4 and the v6 up against almost anything. If properly maintained, these engines will take a beating and last a very long time. The things that start to get annoying as these cars get older are all the rattles etc that you get, and little things coming apart in the interior, the paint doesn't stand up that well, etc. Overall, these are great cars and very reliable. They lack a bit in the fit and finish category, but make up for it is superb balance and fun factor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts