Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know some mods that will up my hp, how much more hp does an air intake make? Is it possible to put a turbo on a 91 LX and are there any other things that need to be done to the engine. Any suggestions you may have are helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
934 Posts
k&n

I bought the k&n drop in, definitey helped. Still need to pull the resonator from the wheel well (search for the DIY). Thats an easy 5 hp for only 35 bucks. Plus better mileage.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
start with the exhuast... pacesetter makes some cheap and decent exhuast products

·
Registered
186 Posts
the pacesetter exhaust is a piece of crap. It will rust quickly. There's a company called Paeco that sells exhausts for us, but I have heard no comments on them. go for susension first. It will make driving much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Shit, they make an exhuast too? If i only knew that a few months ago...

·
Registered
405 Posts
the pace setter may be crap....but it also is very cheap. you can't complain for the price.

BTW: i am happy with mine. my header is starting to get some surface rust on her (6 months old), but my exhaust that i have had on for over a year is rust free. go figure.

·
Registered
405 Posts
you could paint it before you put it in, but you would have to sand all the paint off of it first. they put regular paint on it. so the first time you drive anywhere the paint burns off.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
after you drive, it turns a sick shade of pink, sort of like crush rose pedals and vomit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts