Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday everyone, some people might remember me on here from a couple years back, and I've been a bit off the radar. Anyways, I still have my '95 MX6 and things have been going a bit hairy as of late, and I was hoping some of you guys could help me out.

She seems to be running fine, and has only just ticked over the 100,000km mark, so mechanically I am relatively confident all is well. What isn't so desirable is the cosmetic side of things (and yeah, I will try to get some photos up to show you what I mean).

- The clear coat has been peeling off like it has leprocy leaving it looking very patchy and unattractive to the eye. I am hoping to find a way of doing a respray of the entire car.

- I've had two bastards knick each side of my car, right in the back wheel arches knocking some small dents into them. One side is now also sporting a nice key scratch from some smart arse.

- Tyres. I need to replace em before I get yellow stickered pretty much. They are running very close to being bald. They are just the standard size for the 2nd gen 6 stock wheels.

- A rust bubble has formed on the sunroof and has just cracked open like an egg.

- All the stock standard black seals around the windows have become brittle and half cracked off, leaving the chrome underneath with bits of dry glue all over it.

- And just this afternoon (which initiated me to cry out for help) I notice a small black spot on my dash, I went to touch it only to find out it was a hole about a quarter cm long, and that the limited pressure I applied to it was enough to pop a crack in the entire dash, from window to wheel. I was in shock, haha.

Unfortunately, my car has copped such a battering from being street parked the last couple of years and basking in the lovely Aussie sun.

So if anyone has any information or can help me fix these problems without having to go through the roof on expenses that would be amazing. I think my time with this car is running dry and I want to get her looking nice before I let her go. Tis a sad day. Thanks guys

Mcwrang/Matt

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Hey dude, long time no see. Ill give some help where my quick thinking can think of something

- And just this afternoon (which initiated me to cry out for help) I notice a small black spot on my dash, I went to touch it only to find out it was a hole about a quarter cm long, and that the limited pressure I applied to it was enough to pop a crack in the entire dash, from window to wheel. I was in shock, haha.
try filling it with black sikaflex (from bunnings) and then put a dash mat over it, noone will ever know ;)

The small rear dents might be able to be knocked out if you pull the boot trim off and tap them out from the inside of the boot, or you can get a thing called a "dent puller" that is basically a magnet that pulls the metal, worked ok on my mates skyline.

for the tires, 300$ should be able to find you some old 300zx rims with ok tires (quokka), not only do you get tires, but you get some nice looking rims to go with, and save a bundle on getting tires.

sunroof, hrmm, best option might be to try and find someone wreaking a mx and nick the sunroof.

hopefully this can fix most of the probs, clear coats a bit of a PITA, i know a bonnet costs about 400 to repray, depends where else you have it as to the cost of repair

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help so far Fitzy. Here are a few photos that I took this arvo. That dash really peeled up this afternoon and is looking even worse, awesome.

Dash Crack

Sunroof rust bubble

Buggered window seals

Leprocy bonnet

Left rear dent

Right rear dent with key scratch

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have a dented up front left fender on my 91 626 , we need to find a perth wreckers that has some mazdas :p

anyone know any to check out ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
wow maidavale , now thats a suburb i havnt heard of for along time. do u know the address by any chance ?

regards
frogger

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Actually its Midvale

Mazparts
Unit 1/17 Elliot Street
Midvale WA 6056

Ask for Derek and tell him Cory sent u

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah i looked it up and headed out there this morning , spoke to some guy dunno who , he said i could get a fender for like $132 or something like that. is that a good price ? and would anyone know what it would cost to get it put on my car cause the ones thats on there is welded on and 1 screw is rounded off :S

1 - 10 of 10 Posts