Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been consistently working on my car forever just as most people here and last night I finally got it running great. On top of fixing all the vacuum lines I decided to go ahead and try some 110 octane leaded racing fuel. I figured It might help because the increased boost and the gutted cat. I have been experimenting with different ratios of it. Last night I think I finally got it right. 5.5 gallons of 91 octane to 1 gallon of racing fuel. She ran like a champ last night beating an Accord and a Celica GT-S (barely with the GT-S)with BPU's a Saturn with exhaust intake a 50 shot (50 shot was rumored so I not positive but I did hear something like a solenoid and quick revs after that. And a civic with a bolt on turbo and not even an exhaust I ran dead even the whole way down. I was proud of my baby last night and just wanted to share the fuel ratio with you guys that don't have cats anymore.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Sounds good; with 11 psi of boost not sure why you need the race fuel. I did see the 91, and maybe you want to use the race as a octane booster of some sort. I run 12 PSI with stock fuel system all the time without problem on 92. You may have advanced your timming tough, and that would require much higher levels. Mine, I retareded it 1-2 to help it run better under higher boost.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats all I was really using it for was as a booster... and I love the smell. But I think there is so much addatives in the fuel here that I feel it helps a little. Plus it helps clean the engine a little. I havn't advanced my engine. It didn't help enough last night though, I got beat by a cobra with some bolt on's. I knew what was coming but I did it all for fun. I had him first and second!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts