Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think you guys might like this one!!

i raced a friend in a 1997 WS6 tonight a *** load of times with the same results each time!!!

i would take him off the line (by a few 4-5ft) cause of my drag radials, but he would just pass me at around 100km(60mph), and by the end i would be a few feet behind his rear bumper!!!

from 60km (in 2nd at around 3500rpm i think), he would slowly pull on me, by the shift into 4th he would only be 1-1.5 car lenghts ahead!!

not bad for a 2.5L V6 with shit load of mods (no NOS)

ohh btw his best run on a gtech was [email protected]

G

·
thats not bad...those w6's are fast. its good to see your not bsin either. in other words all mx6's are quick, but not w6 quick.

·
Registered
61 Posts
PONTIAC FIREBIRD!!!

the ws6 is the performance option for the firebird. its got the LS1 or an LT1 corvette engine in there. i think the LT1 is around 305hp and the LS1, 320hp. it takes one beefed up pgt to keep up with this beast.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaha we'll it's all true

it's an LT1 trans-am WS6 stock rated at 305hp but it weighs in at 1550kg. while my lil POS might produce 205hp to the crank if i'm lucky (natural of course), but only weighs in at 1170-1180kg!!!(it weighed 1340kg when it was stock)

i raced another LT1 firebird 2weeks ago that time with my NOS!!! pulled 3-4 car lenghts on it..... halfway through 3rd
People are already starting BULLSHIT about my car, it's pretty funny when i here the stories coming back your way :) people can think up some crazy shit

my best mod so far was the NOS and the CAMS, if you guys were curious, but with NOS a LT1/WS6 wouldn't have a chance

·
Registered
734 Posts
not claiming BS... but I will warn you that gtechs and autotaps aren't that accurate when it comes to stuff like that. He needs to take it to a track. He could've ran a 14.3 or a 13.7 even though the gtech said otherwise. I know that WS6 is well capable of those times.. and better, I just want to warn everybody that thinks they are a good source for times....

·
Registered
734 Posts
My fellow GTP'ers like to take on the LS1's because they are a HELL of a chalenge for most GTP's unless they are well modded. The LT-1's aren't all that... but they are still faster than most cars..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts