Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any experience with these,

ebay item number 2441351431

i'm looking into getting into AutoX this next season and was wondering if anyone has used one of these and if they are worth the money, also if there are any modifications/extra parts needed to install this. And while we're on the installation subject can this be installed at home or do you have to disassemble the entire suspension?
Thanks for your time guys
-Jeremy

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
thejaaaman said:
anyone have any experience with these,

i'm looking into getting into AutoX this next season and was wondering if anyone has used one of these and if they are worth the money, also if there are any modifications/extra parts needed to install this. And while we're on the installation subject can this be installed at home or do you have to disassemble the entire suspension?
Thanks for your time guys
-Jeremy

worth the money? depends on how cheap.. i got mine already installed in a tranny, and i got the whole tranny and PG unit for a decent price.

suspension? its not a suspension mod.

you need to crack open the tranny case, modify the spider gears where the axles get inserted, then reassemble.. if you don't have the ability to do precision machining and have experience with opening, and reassembling a transmission, you'll be left with a bucket of parts.. trust me.

my experience with it is that it wont do much for autox... a true LSD might be better.

its an ok mod.. but you'll be dragging a wheel through tight turns with this unit.. its not as "Smart" around turns as a quaife would be... but it will stop you form spinning the inner tire when you stab the throttle at the end of a tight turn.. but then again driver skill can accomplish the same thing.

i like mine, but ONLY because of the price i paid.. if i had to buy the unit new, get my rtanny modded (hence pay for labor) etc then no, it isnt worth it. I needed a whole tranny anyways, after breaking my old one, and this particular one happened to be in the best shape of the ones i was looking at as well as havingthe PG already installed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, i saw Jeff Jeske's how to on the install and with your reply i think i will save my $250 and put it towards Rafi's big brake kit, any experience with those out there? like dislikes, i'm looking into getting that paired with Sparco 17x7.5 wheels, does anyone know if i can run these, i've already removed the perches when i lower the car and if i do run these wheels what profile tire can i run with them, i dont want rubber bands around them but at the same time i know i cant run 55's... thanks so much for your time guys
Jeremy

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
thejaaaman said:
thanks for the reply, i saw Jeff Jeske's how to on the install and with your reply i think i will save my $250 and put it towards Rafi's big brake kit, any experience with those out there? like dislikes, i'm looking into getting that paired with Sparco 17x7.5 wheels, does anyone know if i can run these, i've already removed the perches when i lower the car and if i do run these wheels what profile tire can i run with them, i dont want rubber bands around them but at the same time i know i cant run 55's... thanks so much for your time guys
Jeremy
big brakes are my next mod ;)

they should fit fine with 17's

tire size shouldnt matter - you're only limited there by your wheel wells - also the offset of the rim.. so your tires will rub if too high/too wide.

the brakes should fit fine.

a common size for 17's assuming you have a near stock offset is 215/55 225/50 etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts