Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone will bitch about searchin on this. But I did search and didnt really get any real opinions on it. So who here HAS it installed and whats your opinion on it? Worth 300 bucks? My car just roasts the tire through 2nd gear. (when the clutch grabs) Is phantom grip worth it?

Also on a side note is it normal for the air fuel to dip to the last bar on the lean side then back up to the first rich. It goes back and forth. When I put a load on it, it goes 2-3 bars rich.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I dunno about the air/fuel guage- mine does that also- but I have installed the PG and it weems to work fairly well. Especially after break in. Of course I have had soo friggin many probs with the car that I have barely driven 200 miles since installing it. Granted it is no quaife, so don't expect it to act like that, but performance/$ ratio is good IMHO. I got the mid-rated springs, not pure race not pure street.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Your A/F should scroll back and forth. Rich Lean Rich Lean. This shows that ther o2 sensor is working properly. And that the car is adjusting the fuel ratio. This is a good thing. I also want to get opinions on th PG.

Matt

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Thumper said:
I dunno about the air/fuel guage- mine does that also- but I have installed the PG and it weems to work fairly well. Especially after break in. Of course I have had soo friggin many probs with the car that I have barely driven 200 miles since installing it. Granted it is no quaife, so don't expect it to act like that, but performance/$ ratio is good IMHO. I got the mid-rated springs, not pure race not pure street.
Just out of curiosity, what did you have to do with the spider gears to make it fit?

·
Registered
248 Posts
you have to grind down the spider gears on the inside of the diff so th pg has a flat matting surfface to grip and do its job

1 - 5 of 5 Posts