Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on changing the valve cover gaskets this weekend. Thanks to this site (and probetalk), I read about phelonic spacers & have bought a set, which I'll install when I do the covers.

Question: what should I use in place of an intake manifold gasket?

I'm planning to get some RTV Copper sealant for the VCGs: will this do for the intake?

Thx

·
Registered
108 Posts
hey i am interested in getting the phenolic spacers also and currently i have my car taken apart causei am getting a new cylinder head. can u please tell me exactly where they go and how much does it help. also where can i get them ?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
CountZer0 said:
I'm planning to get some RTV Copper sealant for the VCGs: will this do for the intake?
Are you saying that you're only going to be using the RTV sealant and no valve cover gaskets? If so, i definitely don't recomend it. Definitely get the (rubber) valve cover gaskets and then use RTV sealant on top of that...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>> Are you saying that you're only going to be using the RTV sealant and no valve cover gaskets?

No, I've already got the rubber gaskets. I read that you have to use some additional sealant at certain points on the head (the corners I think).

BTW, how do you quote previous posts & use smilies *inside* a post?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts