Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look in particular for pictures of a 2nd gen with 16" wheels which has been lowered, and with 205/60/15 or 225/60/15. I want to see how 16"s looks, and also gauge the differences between 205 and 225 width :D

X

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
AAlonzo said:
makes me want fd wheels so bad
Makes me want to put mine on!

The proper tire size for the MX6 though is 225/45R16, which is a rare size. It costs a little more, but gives more of a lowered look to the car.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I4MX6 said:
The proper tire size for the MX6 though is 225/45R16, which is a rare size. It costs a little more, but gives more of a lowered look to the car.
Proper because?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I4MX6 said:
Makes me want to put mine on!

:shrug: I personally love how my car sits and imo it has the perfect amount of wheel gap :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
^^^I never said I didn't like it, just its not the right tire size. I was personally going to put 50 series on my FD's but I want to put the proper size on and I need the stiffer side wall for track.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
Proper because?
50 series is 1" taller than the size I posted. It is the closest matching tire size to factory on a 16x8" wheel.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
Proper because?
I don't think he meant proper as in nothing else will work, just proper as in...keepin it real...yo.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
^^Bingo!

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
16 inch wheels with 215/45/16

Check out my sig and look on my cardomain page 4 for a good shot of 16's with that size tires and you'll know why its the proper size tire. Makes them look like 17 inch wheels. Also, checkout my awesome rear lip spoiler. I added pics not too long ago.

·
Registered
326 Posts
VyzR said:
I know this isn't the place to discuss this, but those tails are beautiful! Is that the auto shade (or whatever it's called) spray on?

I have heard a lot of discussion in both directions as to whether this is legal or not. I want to completely black all my lights out, covers in the front and tint in the back.

Anyone? Legal?

·
Registered
129 Posts
yup, it's niteshades with clearcoat on it.
if i remember correctly, 5 thin thin coats of shades with 3 nice and thick coats of clear. it looks awesome IMO.
I think it *might* be illegal, i've been pulled over twice for it, got accused of it being a cover over the light, so i told the police officers to feel and check that it was not a light cover, aka GTS covers, and they came to their own conclusion that it was the way the car came from factory, so they sent me on my merry way, and now I just want to make this run on sentence even longer so I'll add more words, ha!

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts

It's lowered with Dropzone coilover on stock struts, tires are 225/50/16's

1 - 20 of 36 Posts