Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics from last weekends racing.. You'll notice the car now has alloy headlamp covers (saves 3.5 Kgs) and lexan windows..

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Well.... How did you do in the race? :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your car looks like its winking. Looks sick though, how much weight did the lexan windows save?
The weight saving wasn't all in the lexan but I got it down to by over 100 lbs, down to 2162 lbs..

Can't get the photos any bigger without buying them.. That will take a while...

Had a very poor race, came 9th out of 26 as the new tyres I tried out were way too hard.. I was quite upset at the time after the front pair costing nearly $750...

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
for some reason i never realized that you actually race it that close to other cars haha.

ide be wayyyy to scared someone would bump that beauty.

·
Registered
941 Posts
for some reason i never realized that you actually race it that close to other cars haha.

ide be wayyyy to scared someone would bump that beauty.
i never really thought about that either, when i finally get around to taking my car down to the track im gonna be all paranoid about someone hitting it

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i never really thought about that either, when i finally get around to taking my car down to the track im gonna be all paranoid about someone hitting it

reason i wana run autocross.. so the only thing conecting with my car will be because of my fuck up! :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
yeah but i have a track 15 min away from my house so i cant pass it up. its got a whole performance driving school with it too which i really like. Ill probably wait till after im boosted though. I want more power so i can put down my friends z28

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
yeah but i have a track 15 min away from my house so i cant pass it up. its got a whole performance driving school with it too which i really like. Ill probably wait till after im boosted though. I want more power so i can put down my friends z28
word.. def... :D yup i wana see pics of when u do it :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wasn;t much of a weekend really.. Got some new front tyres that turned out to be hopeless... Am out again this weekend so am hoping to go a bit better...

Speaking of crap tyres, went digging through some vids from earlier in this year and came across this vid where I was trying to massage a set of dodgy slicks into life with and as you'll see very unsatisfying results...

Get a grip - Saloon championship Testing with rubb- Video

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
you said the tires were too hard... what tires were you running? what size?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
hey piers. a few questions. on that one picture you linked, why do you have tape on the headlights? is it coz if it breaks it doesnt get glass everywhere? and how much wear on your suspension parts do you get from all this track stuff? any upgraded parts or oem replacements?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts