Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking of putting a flat black aluminum wing on my 94 mx6 to match my flat black rims but im not sure if aluminum is the way to go. i have never seen a 6 with one so if anybody has pictures please post them so i can make a decision.
Thanks,
Michael

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
don't do it. i think aluminum wings look terrible on mx6's. i know alot of other people on this site feel the same way. it's kind of.........well..........ricey, if you know what i mean. also, what color is the car? that would make a big difference too.

Trent

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot guys. My car is silver but it is really cloudy so i may just primer it for now and paint it down the road. i was thinking about the aluminum wing because i like the way flat black looks with silver(my rims are flat black) and i thought the wing may contrast against the car a little more. if any body else has any more pics keep them coming. thanks again. michael

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I dunno why, but the Aluminum wing on Coldnoodle's car looks good. And other aluminum wings, yeah, they do look quite gay.

·
Registered
344 Posts
There is a black 6 with black 7 spoke rims and a black signle deck wing around here, it looks prettyu damn sweet, but if you get get an aluminum wing dont lower and dont get a kit

·
Registered
965 Posts
I dunno why, but the Aluminum wing on Coldnoodle's car looks good. And other aluminum wings, yeah, they do look quite gay.
Coldnoodle's wing is carbon fiber...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the wing i want is on ebaymotors.com it is called a, "bomz type 0" i think it looks bad ass but some think differently

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
that looks really bad...and it would make a 6 look like @SS...i want to see an MX6 with a supra style spoiler on it...i think it would look great, but dont have the 250 bucks for one

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
a lot of ppl say that. i guess yall are right. i just see so many 6's with fiberglass wings or stock spoilers that i wanted to be diff. ya know. oh well. thats a good idea about the supra style though.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
do you really want to be one of those guys driving around in primer AND the airplane wing.

i have seen a few supra style spoilers on 6's, they look ok, i think factory looks best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i guess im talked out of an alum. wing them since every body seems to hate them. and yall are prob right about the lines not matching up

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
actually ive been seriously considering tearing off the stock spoiler on my 6...i just dont like the way it looks...kind of like some fatass sat on it...and besides, someone frikken STOLE my brake light out of it while i was at work one night...if anyone wants it...????

·
Registered
249 Posts
stock spoiler sucks

a 3000gt stock spoiler looks nice on the mx6 seen it in person .. I don't like the stock one because its fat goes with car yes but its bulky and lame IMO

I have seen the supra stock wing and I don't think it would work out isn't is just a arch goes from one side to the next and I think it would sit to high

·
Registered
947 Posts
No wings

Just an opinion : Whith the curves of our cars wings look very ricey dont ruin a smooth and sleek body with a wing that looks like it does not belong. On the other hand the supra wings look ok. I REPETE THIS IS Just an opinion !

·
Registered
127 Posts
use the money you would have put into turning your car into a B-52 bomber and put it into a body kit.... personally i think our cars look great without a wing lowered and with a kit

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
yea alum. wings are stupid.....

not to dawg all u wingers out there.... but i just dont like the way it looks at all..... leave the stock wing on and move it back about 3 inches and i promise it will look pimp as ****.... also change the brake LED's to the color of your car....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts