Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I can never seem to get any pics to show up on this site so here is a link to my Yahoo Photos Page. Feel free to post any comments cause I would love to hear what some of you think.

http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/smoo...tos/My+1994+Mazda+MX6&.src=ph&.view=t&.last=1

My Intrax Springs are getting installed in May and I should have some 17" TSW Trophies on soon after! Then if I have enough money, I might get a custom bodykit made that looks like the shogun but with some nice minor adjustments. I'll keep you guys posted.

[Edited by SmoothE911 on 04-18-2001 at 12:38 AM]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lots of new pics

I just uploaded more pics for your viewing plesure, and whats with all the views but no replys! J/K Hope you like them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
how did u make the white face guages

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yeah where did you get those gauges. On another note, you might want to get some hosing and make that intake cold air.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Nice gauges, mate. Carry on now.
Mici

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: how did u make the white face guages

I first removed the stock ones then I scanned them into my computer and used Photoshop to convert them into white face. The added some extra touches, and as for how I made them light up from behind. Well thats my little secret, it looks great at night and you would think I spent lots of money on them. So far its only cost me $5.00! But its still my Test Set Stage 4. Stage 5 will be the final ones! I'm makeing a small webpage on how to take apart your dash to get to the guage cluster. I also will show how to make a GOOD cold air intake for the Automatic 4cyl MX-6's. If anyone would like a custom set of guages email me and we'll talk price. Or if you want I'll send you a CD with 5 differnt type guages and a blank pair so you can customize your own.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also have a COLD AIR...

=========================================================
MX6Guru: Yeah where did you get those gauges. On another note, you might want to get some hosing and make that intake cold air.
=========================================================

I do have a cold air in testing stage but since I have my licence suspended I can't test it out. I'll have to post some pics of that to. It looks just like the cold airs for the V6 MX6's but it fits the 4cyl autos, I'll keep you guys posted!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Free White Guages

Ok I'm gonna post the blank White Guages on my yahoo site for you all to download and make your own. If you have any ?'s about how to make them or take out your stock ones post here or Email me and I'll tell you everything I know. Sound good, well it gets better. I have a few ?'s about some things that I'll be posting in the General/Maintenance 2 area soon and the first person to give me the best price on a replacment antena mast and were to get one will get a set of my Custom Guages Stage 5 (See my yahoo site for a stage 4 pic). I'll check for the best price 2 days after I posted the subject, which will be called "???New Antena Mast???". And to the other 2 guys that I told before I'll give a set to, I didn't forget about you and you will hear from me soon.

·
Registered
283 Posts
well how much woulod u charge me to make them cause i would like a pair of the gauges and your atenna mast is a common problem i have a 93 mx6 v6 and the mast broke the way to check it is if the atenna moves up and down by hand then the mast is broken see if the motor still turns wit that power on, if it does all u need is a mast which u vcan get from the dealer thast what i did for like 26 bucks, let me know about the gauages also i really like them alot

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Free White Guages and a real CAI for the Auto 4cyl MX6

Well I'm gonna post the JPG files of my stock guages and blank white guages for you people to make your own if you want. I also can make you a custom cd with 5-7 different typs of guages but i'll have to charge you like $5.00 that covers the CD and Shipping. The cd will also have the files of my stock guages and a blank set of white guages. For a set of my Stage 5 which are not done yet will be around $40-$50. Remember they will not need a light source like the others need. No LED's needed just your stock lights with the green cover removed from the bulb. Don't worry they come with detailed directions on how to remove you dash, guage cluster, and guages. Plus installation and calibration of the needles when you put them back on. You will also be added to my mailing list if you want and I'll update you on the progress of my Cold Air Intake for the 4cyl auto cars. So far that price will be around $180 for the tube, and water protection (Yes Water Protection)! You will have to buy a filter on your own. Like I said before it will have a built in water protection unit so if you suck up any water it will be removed before it gets to the engine. It is still in testing stages and will not be out till prob around July, and I will need some other MX-6 owners to help out in testing! I will make another post about how to be apart of the testing at another time so don't go nutz emailing me.

E.D. Entertainment
Eric Dyott - Presedent
[email protected]

Also to Mx64u2catch my motor is fine I just need a new antenna mast and needed to know were the best and cheapest place to get one would be. You said that I could get one from a Mazda dealer, well tell me were you were told $26 because I have been quoted $40 min. Thanks again for your reply's guys.

[Edited by SmoothE911 on 04-19-2001 at 11:42 AM]

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey Smooth,

Wow, good looking car. I love the intake! What is that and where did you get it? I wanna get a cone filter like that but, have no idea where to get them! ALSO: That new exaust is the one i want! Where and how much did you get it for? The picture that you said looked bad because it was scanned is one of the coolest pics i've ever seen of an MX-6. It looks as though there is this huge raging inferno behind your car. (although, i know it's just tree's during fall!) But, that give me a wicked idea. I'm gonna wait until the farmers out her start there wild fires...and i'm gonna place my car on the field with the fire in the backround and take some pics. My car's black and totally polished so it'll look mint! Anyway, keep up the wicked work and keep me informed about everything! The guages look amazing! Congrats! Go 4-Cyl!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Hey Smooth,

JDean55 said:
Wow, good looking car. I love the intake! What is that and where did you get it? I wanna get a cone filter like that but, have no idea where to get them! ALSO: That new exaust is the one i want! Where and how much did you get it for?
Ok first I custom made the intake and it works great except 4 where it is located. I have finished makeing a custom CAI but have not had time to test it because I have my licence suspended. Second the twin muffler exhaust is a 3A Racing one, I forget the exact model but I know that it is not made anymore! Origanaly I was going to make a custom duel Catback system but since I can't get another I am doing it with 2 Apex Dunk mufflers. If your intrested in I'll sell it for $140. Remember it has never been mounted or used and I payed $180 for it. It has a 2.5" inlet going to twin mufflers mounted together each with a 3" - 3.5" tip. I have only seen one other MX-6 with this setup and it sounded f'ing sweet. My loss is your gain. Ohh and when I do get my CAI on I will be selling the one I have now for $40 with all mounting hardware, I'll give you the filter too but at that time it would prob be smart to get a new one. I'll keep you all updated!

[Edited by SmoothE911 on 04-19-2001 at 05:54 PM]

·
Registered
621 Posts
We All Love a Good Capitalist!

Who was that who said that America was the incubator of capitalism??

Nice car SmoothE911. But I've never seen anyone try so hard to make money out of something that of us would consider a hobby!

At the risk of speaking out of turn, getting flamed and banned from the board... I've got a suggestion, instead of working hard to make money out of us, spend the effort on your business - the rewards should be much greater!

BTW - it's President not Presedent but you probably knew that!

·
Registered
47 Posts
White-Faced Suggestion form a White-Faced punk

Here, I thought you might like to see this. These are my white-faced gauges, made in pretty much the same way as yours. But when I had the needles off, I scraped off the orange from the backs of them. Then I used a black marker to color it black where the orange used to be. Result: Black needles. MUCH easier to see and better looking too.

Oh, and the blue spot on the tail of the speedo needle is reflection of the LEDs that I used to light them from the front. The reflection isn't noticeable when driving. And no, the tachometer isn't tilted. The text on it IS tilted though. It was a mistake when I made them. I have new ones ready to print, but I don't feel like pulling the gauges out again yet!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MY PROJECT MX6 IS NO MORE

Well guys it’s my 19th birthday Saturday (May 5th), and my father has given me his 1973 Porsche 911T Carrera!!! I have been begging him forever to give it to me so I can put the engine into my MX6. To my surprise I awoke today and the keys to the Porsche were on my key chain, I thought I was dreaming. The only problem is that it has been sitting for the last 4 years in climate-controlled storage due to a car accident he was involved in (!!! Not With The Porsche Thank God !!!). It will start and run but as soon as I give it gas it dies. Ok so it does need some work but you don’t hear me complaining. He now does not have the ability to push the clutch in too shift gears and will not sell it. I will still keep my MX6 as a daily driven car but the weekends are a different story. I have also stopped all production on all the work I had planed for my MX6. This includes my custom CAI and the Stage 5 White Gauges. To the guys I have told would receive a set of my custom gauges you still will, but they will only be Stage 4. I have had and still will have lots of fun with my MX6, but lets face it a Porsche is so much better! The first mod will be a body kit with updated wheels and a new paint job. I'll post some pics of it soon on my yahoo pictures site. Thanks for all the support you guys have given me and I'll keep you posted on the progress of my dream car come true.

- Long Live The Mazda MX-6 –

E.D. Entertainment
Eric Dyott – President
[email protected]

[Edited by SmoothE911 on 05-04-2001 at 12:13 AM]

·
Registered
175 Posts
Damm! Good Job dude! Yeah.....the MX-6 will always live forever but, it's a DAMM PORSCHE!!!!!!! Whew...lucky man...and happy birthday!!!!!
Hey..are you still selling the dual tip muffler? if so lemme know...it'll be about 1 month before I could buy it off of you but, hopefully you'll still have it!
Also: I would assume that you are not getting the Intrax Springs for your Birthday!! (just an asumption....) Oh well....if not....maybe it'll be something you can do sometime in the future! OR, you could sell the 6 and get some wicked ass upgrades for the Porsche! JDean had a 1955 Porsche Spyder..MY DREAM CAR...and was killed in it is the same year. Hence my username: JDean55

Stay Free............

Jimi

[Edited by JDean55 on 05-02-2001 at 04:18 PM]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts