Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Looks awesome, love the GCs too. Agree that the mufflers are odd, only because I had a canon like that (except only 1), and they hang up on everything. A simple dumpy looks better and is less annoying...

Awesome purchase though.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
that exhaust was on the AT wasnt it? I cant remember now :S

·
Registered
245 Posts
i used to own one for 2 years before the mx-6, it was a nice car but no were near the torque of the F2T.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well u must remember its central point injection not multi-point....however I can strongly say that at 10 PSI it would outperform a 1st gen with an auto....and I can bak up my answer as I have a 88 Tx5 turbo (Auto) and feel that the auto doesnt pull as good as this AS Telstar Turbo. Damn I cant beleive I have had over 6 telstars in my life time so far....5 being the AT model!

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I still want a GC 626 coupe turbo I always like them don't know why but I do

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Nice, but whats with the bonnet scoop? Not std equipment now is it? :cool:

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Nice - but it looks more like an old beast to me

·
Registered
246 Posts
I once drove a 87 carbed turbo manual, it had nothing on the 88 AT Manual Turbo I bought instead, the apexi BOV the 87 had was the most annoying thing ever. Not saying I don't like the older ones... had a NA one which went for almost ever, till my brother rolled it (I don't blame him, I would have done the same) :( they are nice rides indeed.

Yours looks just right. I'd soon be getting a cooler on it though and a BPV :tup:

P.S. I always wanted that spoiler on mine.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ill get some engine bay pics too....and some front end pics....all i know is that i can finally beat my friends 20 valve in the ae92....my 88 black turbo cant .... and bare in mind my friend has 101.1kw at the wheels on his ae92....so it just seems weird how the rated factory KW for these older tx5's are like 86KW at the engine? however the turbo i have has a bigger compressor blade and is running 10PSI and also has a 2.5inch exhaust all the way thorugh...I will be making a nice Air induction setup aswell just as soon as I work out how to mount an intercooler as I really see no space unless I remove the a/c condensor...mmm

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
DQUIK1 said:
yer i like them too rodhog... do they come out turbo? i have no idea... i've only seen em on the outside... i wanted to buy one of em for my 1st car... they're not bad for an old skool model

yeah Australia only got the non intercooled 8 valve Single point fuel injected motor. Tx5 was the same.
but the 626 was only coupe form. in 86 mazda facelifted it and offered a intercooler option. Only in the Magnum versions and I have never seen it ever on any wreaked import. I've seen 2 Magnum turbo 8 valve imports. one a 626 hatch the other coupe.

the 626 coupes had a few extra's like rear discs over drums, full superdeluxe features 4 power windows mirrors and full adjustable drivers seat. a few had sunroof as well.

Most were sold in White Silver and RED. Haven't seen a blue one yet.

the Tx5's when introduced had a problem with unleaded, so ford here Weleded a plate into the rear muffler this dropped boost from 7-8psi down to 5psi.

it was not uncomon in the early 90's to find this muffler removed and quite a few 86- 87 Tx-5's blowing head gaskets. It added to the whole Turbo's are trouble.

for some reason it did not effect the 626 turbo's ? but mazda did stop importing them very quickly after leaded was finished.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts