Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone could possibly post some pictures of their v6 mx-6 under the hood. I've never done any major car repair work before, and I am just about done with replacing a bad head gasket along with a couple other things along the way(timing belt, waterpump, etc.) I want to be sure I get all the hoses and electrical connections where they go. I just finished putting the timing belt and accessory belts on. Any help with the rest of the stuff(I still have to put the valve covers back on, along with the intake manifold, and a bunch of hoses) would be appreciated. Pictures of where hoses are connected up would probably help the most.

Also, I have some rust on the arms that hold the wipers. Is there a good way to take care of this?

G

·
Here are some more pics for you. These are from a 95 MX-6 LS, starting on the front passengers side and working back, then moving towards the drivers side and working back again, etc.. Let me know if you would like more or any specific closeups.

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~gwcrissm/underhood

append uh-001.jpg through uh-017.jpg to the above URL to see the pics (they are about 400kb each)

·
Registered
44 Posts
gc95mx6 said:
Here are some more pics for you. These are from a 95 MX-6 LS, starting on the front passengers side and working back, then moving towards the drivers side and working back again, etc.. Let me know if you would like more or any specific closeups.

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~gwcrissm/underhood

append uh-001.jpg through uh-017.jpg to the above URL to see the pics (they are about 400kb each)
The URL is not working.

·
Registered
39 Posts
for your wipers...

Just yesterday I took some rust of my wiper arms. I just used a wire-brush wheel that's on a grinder we have. Took off the rust and applied some flat black spraypaint. It worked pretty well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pictures, and the advice about the wiper arms. I need just one picture or description of where a bracket goes. There is a black bracket with two screw holes and on this bracket is some electrical connectors and I think 3 vacuum hoses. I think this bracket is near the windshield. Could someone post of a picture of where this bracket is placed along with where the hoses are connected? Or if it is possible, just describe where the bracket goes and where the hoses attached to it go. Either of those would be most helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts