Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I just peal them off? Or will I have to heat them up some how? I am also wondering what brand I should buy. I have to replace the pinstripe because I got a new fender and door. The pinstripe on my car is red, then clear, then black. I am wondering what other colors people suggest.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
try a little heat on it to get it off, but i would just leave it off, i relaly dont like them on my car. but i have the 2gen so just depends on what u like.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just used my fingernail and water one day when I was washing my car. Once they started coming of, just pulled lightly. I was able to tell where they were at first, because the car had been waxed well with them on. After a really good wax, you can't see where they were anymore. I like it a lot better without them, but if you want new ones, I've seen pinstripes at a couple discount auto places.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You can buy pin striping at Autozone or Hi/Lo. When I removed mine it left a sticky residue. If this happens to you, use bug/ tar remover or 3M adhesive remover. As for another color I would leave the pinstripping off, but thats just me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts