Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the canadian tire to get my car checked out. regular check up. not knowing much about car, it's worth my 30 bucks to get my oil changed and get them to check my car out... so i thought. i noticed my reserve coolant tank getting empty in matter of a week so i tell them about it and ask them to check it out.
they call me back and then tells me that i need new rotors and break pads badly on all four corners (along wit $900 quote). i told them not to do anything. and then, tells me that my parking breaks don't release or something... so i figure i won't use them then. i ask them bout the cooling system and he says it's all fine.
then, on sat. my temparature gauge starts rising!!!
i freak out. this morning, i went to couple of garages. so what do i find out? my water pump leaked and messed lots of stuff up. he was showing me and even i could see lots and lots of green antifreeze residue. radiator, some belt, pump and stuff i can't remember. everything. and my cooling system got so hot and some plastic stuff melted and all. $1100.
the guy tells me that he can't understand how the car ran.
so how is that canadian tire couldn't figure it out even AFTER i told them what to look for? what if my engine over heated or something!! and my rotors r fine and pads have 20% left or something. never going back to canadian tire again.

·
Registered
579 Posts
dude! that's terrible!! it's too bad nobody told you this before, and this is how you had to find out...but never go to Canadian Tire for auto repair. they're a bunch of meatheads!! sorry to hear your 6 is sick...get well soon :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I WORKED AT CANADIAN TIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY! Bash Canadian Tire ALL you want because I WORKED THERE!! ( I hated it! )
Check out my new thread on WHY you should not go to Canadian Tire:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts