Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in an accident i was rearended so a girl that was in the car when it was recked her dad is a body man so he fixed it did a real nice job fixing the body but then the paint dident exactly match so he offered to finish it i gave him 30 bucks for the paint hardener i get the car back and it dosent look like he repainted it the chips that were there are still there what should i say to him or what should i do to have him finish it?????

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
It would be really nice if you used periods and shit like that so it would be easier to read what you type because when its all one big run on sentence it gives people a headache you went to school didnt you

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
It's alright, just lettin you know for future ref. :)

Anyway, about your problem. I think your biggest mistake was allowing your car to be fixed by the asshole (or relative of asshole) who hit your car in the first place. You should've brought it to your own shop. This guy probably thinks that you're a stupid kid and that he can do a quick and cheap fix and that you'll be happy. You also shouldnt have given him any money. Did the bumper look perfect before you were hit? Then that's how it should look after he fixes it. Was a police report taken? If so, you really should file a claim against his insurance and bring it to the body shop of YOUR choice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, shes not the one who hit my car she was in my car when it was hit, and her dad is a body man so i just had him do the work for me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It just so happens that the girl's dad is a body man and since i know them i had him do the work the body looks great its just the paint.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Oh, ok I see what you mean now. He did the work as a favor and you dont want to get too pushy. Well, I dont know what to tell ya. What happened to the person who rearended you?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was all taken care of between the other driver and i. I got the money for my car from the insurence company and i just had him do the work because i know him. He saved me a little money but not enough to not do stuff he said he was going to.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Damn, Anarchy! Tell us how you REALLY feel about poor punctuation!
Is this girl whose dad fixed your car a girlfriend, or just a friend who is a girl? If girlfriend, and she means a lot, ask her to talk to him. If it's just someone you know, and you paid him, you have every right to be pissed off if the job wasn't done right.

·
Registered
23 Posts
this post is getting out of hand!!
let's face facts, you screwed up(and i'm not talking about your punctuation)but you should have had a professional do ALL of the bodywork(and i mean a professional that does bodywork for a living).you just went through a learning point, so the next time you get rear-ended... yell,scream,hollar and threat, and make sure you get the other persons informatin and call a reputable bodyshop.

G

·
OK...I think everyone is missing his point here...if he did a good job on the body then don't worry about that...but if the paint isn't right then go ahead and talk to him...don't accuse him...just ask him if there is anything that you could do about the chips that are still there...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts