Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get pistons and rings? are the Turbo pistons diff then the N/A? How much the set usually go for? Thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
JE would make me a set for the gt with rings and wrist pins that you literally would have to put a hand grenade in the motor to ruin for 605 bucks. youd throw a rod through the block and ruin the head beore anything with the piston itslef. Ive seen kits for around 450 to 500 for a complete rebuild. some people know do a search cause i just asked this in the FI forum recentyl. Search in that forum.
chuck
o just ask if you cant figure it out and ill look it up

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Just b/c I feel I have to say this, 5 minutes of running too lean and there go those pistons you are saying are bombproof. I'm not saying JE is bad, I am saying this to apply to all pistons. You can kill them if you don't know what you are doing.

·
Registered
192 Posts
duhhh, i was being figurative. ive been around my fare share of blowing up motors way more expensive then youve ever toyed with, 10,000 race motors sound like a grenade when you blow them up and they have more parts than anything you can imagine in them. Talking V8 late model motors. You can blow anything up but for his apps if he stays with stock turbo and pump with the boost cut i think hed bo ok

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well like my sig says, I'll be running the T-Bird Hybird and a zombie chip. I dont see the need for 600 dollars if thats as far as I'm going. People do this on stock pistons.I was looking for a set of cheap Turbo pistons. Somewhere around 250-300. If they're out there.

I bought a set of JE pistons, rings and 5.5" rods (Longer stroke, 5.2" stock) for my T-Bird and that cost me 800(still sitting in garage). 600 sounds real high for just pistons.

·
Registered
707 Posts
for most cars je makes pistons for 300.00 to 400.00, but not all cars, im not even sure they make them for our car, but they may do custom setups for the mx6, however flatlanderracing.com can make them for you at a lower price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts