Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone... the topic of holding a small meet for anyone in the pittsburgh area came up in another forum. of course, anyone is welcome, not just the local people. if anyone at all is interested, feel free to reply to this thread, im me, or email me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'll absolutly be there. When were you thinking of? And where would we meet? We could get a very decent turnout, I see at least two 2nd gen MX-6s a day, and at least as many 1st gens. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i myself am located in irwin, pa (in between greensburg and pittsburgh) so most of the places im thinking of are on this side of the city. somwhere like boyce park, white oak park... etc. would be nice. any suggestions are welcome, though... im open to anything.

·
Registered
192 Posts
sounds great....i think that people should meet in south park which is right outside of pittsburgh because it is a daily hangout for people who are into their cars. Every evening people just park their pimped out rides in the parking lots and talk. I think we could get a lot of heads out at the park to check the cars out because there are mostly hondas....If you've never been to the park and are in the pittsburgh area, you should definately check it out....that would be my suggestion but wherever it would end up being is also fine with me. GREAT IDEA!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
south park sounds GREAT. i totally forgot about south park... i used to do a lot of bmx racing there. in my opinion, that sounds like the best location. okay... now we should figure out a date... and spread the word a bit. (also if anyone wants to do something OTHER than south park, suggestions are still welcome, but i think it makes the most sense.) TELL your friends with mx6es that arent on the board... probes, too. this is looking like its gonna be a pretty cool event!

·
Registered
98 Posts
We should make up little info/invite sheets and put them on the windsheilds of any MX-6s we see around. Put a link to the website. You never know who might show up.
South Park sounds great. Lets do this thing!

G

·
0 Posts
I'm there dude! I live out by the old airport in Moon. I see a couple MX-6s around here; not sure if its anyone from the board or not. Tell me where south park is and I'll go. I may have been there a while back, but don't remember how to get there...

Y

·
0 Posts
need to go to the Probetalk.com and put in the Pittsburgh area talk on the board and let them know, because they wanted to get something going for out in johnstown too. i'm out by the airport need some directions too. I've got a probe.

J

·
0 Posts
I'm in.. So, when and where ? I live in Moenroville. The only park that I know in the city is Schenley Park..
However, just let me know where, I'll get the direction to get there. Also, does anybody know a good and affordable mechanic in Pittsburgh. I usually go to Hamilton Mazda. Does anybody has a better suggestion ? Thanks....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow... its good to hear some familiar locations on this board. hamilton mazda is where my car is at right now, it's about 30 seconds from my house. too bad it's broken. as far as when and where this meet should be? well, i think south park is the perfect location for it. i'm sure some of us will need directions to the park. as for when the meet should be? well, whatever day conflicts with everyones schedules the least i guess.

J

·
0 Posts
4banger93.. I saw your car in Hamilton Mazda. They're fixing my car too. My coolant isn't working right. So, does anybody free on Saturday or Sunday ?
Anyway, my roomie is doing auto cross. I don't know if anybody wants to meet there.. I think the next one is at Alleganny Airport (next week). I'm not sure if it's on Sat or Sunday. I'll keep you guy post...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
autocross!? always wanted to try that! anywho, it kinda sucks that you had to see my car in such a sorry state. i haven't washed it in a while (due to the whole "car not running" thing). but i got the word from hamilton today. my fuel pump is bad, and it's gonna cost $600 to fix. oh well, i'll spend the money if it means me getting out on the road.

about the autocross: keep us posted on that, if i can afford it, i will DEFINITELY participate!

Y

·
0 Posts
keep us posted on the autox, i'll show up for a little meet if you guys can find out a date and time.

J

·
0 Posts
Ok.. The AutoX is gonna be next week (June 23 & 24), at alleganny airport parking lot.
If you guys interested, just show up there and the fee is gonna be around 15 bucks (pay when you register in the morning, like around 8). You must wear HELMET. Also, you must remove all your moving stuff in your car, such as cups, umbrella, CDs, and bla bla bla.. Make sure you tell them if you had modified your car. I don't know if i'm gonna be running or not. But at least, I'm gonna be there. Hope to see you guys there...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm working on making it out there on Sunday with a freind of my sister who autoX's his Gen II RX-7. I won't be racing because I don't have a helmet, and I don't really trust that my tires will stand up to that kind of punishment, but I definatly hope to see some of you guys out there!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm with you both on the helmet and tire situations... but yeah, sure, i'll go watch at least. sunday, you say? i'll be there. i'll try to bring some more people too. later on!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey 4Banger, what's up. I made it out to the autocross on Sunday, but I didn't see you there. What gives man?! I had to represent the 6 community all by my lonesome!! It's cool though. I had a great time. I'm glad I didn't try to drive it though, I would have embarassed myself for sure. I have much respect for the drivers who participate in these events. Anyone can point a car in a straight line, floor it and hang on for the ride (no offense drag racers), but you really have to have complete control of your machine to compete in autocross. The cool thing about this kind of racing is that it's a great equalizer. I saw a nearly stock Miata turn times that were almost as good as a 500hp turbocharged Supra! And the Supra driver knew how to drive. Many cool cars there. Everything from a Callaway Vette, to some very hot Gen III RX-7's, to a beater VW Scirocco which took every turn on three wheels! Unfortunatly I could only stay for about 2 hours, I would have liked to have stayed all day!! I will definatly be keeping an eye out for the next time Solo II comes to town!

So what are we gonna do about this meet? Is it gonna happen? Keep in touch!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey, i'm really sorry i couldn't make it out there, i was all set to go until i got a call at 9 pm on saturday informing me that i had to be at work by 9 am sunday morning.

as for the meet... YES it should still go down... at south park... how about a weekend day... say the 21, 22, 28, or 29? when can everyone make it?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i think south park would be the best place for the meet.... the central location and pleasant surroundings make it ideal... whatever day is good... it doesnt matter to me, really... but i think a weekend would be most likely the easiest for everyone to attend...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts