·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theres ads on this site? Thats odd I haven't seen any in days. Must be something weird with my firefox w/adblock

·
Registered
549 Posts
i was shopping for tires and went to a local Discount tire store, they wanted 600+ for stock tires and over 1000 for a wheel/tire.

i went to tirerack online, and i got a wheel/tire package shipped to my door for 610. 16x7.5/225/50/16 with some kumho ecstas...........

Discount Tire.........you suck!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
yeah really, discount tire. at least have a good discount on your tires. Seems to me like thats the ONLY thing you guys should be focusing on

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I always buy my tires from tirerack. Even if I have to pay a little more I know its a quality product. I have had shit of luck with buying tires from these "discount" site.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I always buy my tires from tirerack. Even if I have to pay a little more I know its a quality product. I have had [shizzle] of luck with buying tires from these "discount" site.
That doesn't make any sense.

Do you think Yokohama makes two different versions of the same model tire. The superior one goes to TireRack and the inferior goes to DTD? Doubt it.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I never said there was different product. Maybe different storage or shipping, or how long the tire has been sitting on the shelf. I have had 2 tires fail within 6 months from Discount tire places. Ever since I have bought from TR and not had a problem. MAybe it was just a coincidence.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i was shopping for tires and went to a local Discount tire store, they wanted 600+ for stock tires and over 1000 for a wheel/tire.

i went to tirerack online, and i got a wheel/tire package shipped to my door for 610. 16x7.5/225/50/16 with some kumho ecstas...........

Discount Tire.........you suck!
Keep in mind, Tire Rack is an online company designed to compete with the online market like us here at Discount Tire Direct. The local stores compete with other local stores. Local stores do nowhere near the volume of sales like an online company, hence the reason why prices are generally more expensive. You also have to consider overhead costs. However, our local stores value your business and will do everything they can to match or beat an online competitor and that also goes for our online prices. We offer the lowest delivered price guaranteed on all the products we carry. How can we earn your business if we are not given the opportunity to do so? We are the largest independent tire and wheel distributor in the world. We've been in business almost 50 years and we have over 720 local retail stores nation wide. We didn't get that way by ripping people off.

yeah really, discount tire. at least have a good discount on your tires. Seems to me like thats the ONLY thing you guys should be focusing on
We offer the lowest delivered price guaranteed on all the products we carry. If you find something cheaper from another competitor (even wheels) let us know. Here at Discount Tire Direct, we offer free mounting and balancing on all wheel and tire combinations. Shipping is free to the lower 48 states and Canada.

I never said there was different product. Maybe different storage or shipping, or how long the tire has been sitting on the shelf. I have had 2 tires fail within 6 months from Discount tire places. Ever since I have bought from TR and not had a problem. MAybe it was just a coincidence.
Discount Tire Co. does not keep tires on the shelf that's older that 3 years of age. This has been in place well before the 60 Minutes special that aired not to long ago. We also stand behind the products we sell. If you have a problem or are unhappy with your product, let us know and we will take care of you. All the products we sell come with the manufactures warranty and we even offer a non pro-rated road hazard (Certificates for Free Replacement). If you ever damage a tire beyond repair (outside of vandalism) we will replace the tire free of charge down to 3/32nds of tread.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Shipping is free to the lower 48 states and Canada.

This sounds good. What shipping company do you use ?
(Fingers crossed, don't say UPS, don't say UPS.)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I bought a set of falken-512 from discount tire direct last year for my old mx6. Shipping was faster then expected and the tires were very nice, got them at a decent price to! I only go to them for tires, half the price of what they sell the same tire for here and they dont screw me over like local places.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I bought a set of falken-512 from discount tire direct last year for my old mx6. Shipping was faster then expected and the tires were very nice, got them at a decent price to! I only go to them for tires, half the price of what they sell the same tire for here and they dont screw me over like local places.
I have also run the Ziex 512's. Before those existed, I bought the Ziex 502's from DTD as well. Great all season tires. I was amazed at their abilities in the snow when they were low on miles.

I think any set I've had has only lasted about 20k miles though. Not surprising considering the abuse I put them through at the track.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Free shipping with UPS. UPS has actually served us well . We have a 98% accuracy rate with them.
Sadly UPS is the worst company of them all when it come to bringing stuff across the boarder, they rape us with crazy brokerage fees, handling fees and other surcharges, this added to the taxes and custom and duty fees can get pretty costly.

They charge almost as much as and sometimes more then the Item does.
A few examples of stuff I got hosed by UPS on:
Speed way Motors, bought 4 Wheel spacers, 55.58$ US total declared value, shipping was paid at purchase. Cost owed to UPS at my door 41.43$ cnd .
UPS breakdown- 7.75$Gst / 31.90$ brokerage fee / 1.78$ brokerage Gst.

Summit racing, flex pipe, value- 40.20$ US. UPS fee- 39.29$, (31.90$ brokerage fee).

MX6.com member, Used UR 1st gen underdrive pulley, paid him 60$ +shipping (Great seller just didn't know about UPS).
The declared value was 51.35$ - UPS fee 39.97 (31.88$ brokerage fee).

-------------
The list goes on.

There are law suits pending against UPS over this, sadly Fed ex saw the potential $$$ in this and has started charging similar rates (not quite as high).

According to Nafta and customs Canada, products manufactured in the US and Mexico are free of duty, for all others different duty rates apply depending on the country of origin. This doesn't apply to UPS brokerage fees (apparently).

Will you ship USPS ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts