Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I guess it's interesting if you have something else that's blue on your car. Have to be careful about them getting dirty though right?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I duno, they glow in the dark... That just seems like a rice boy thing to do. :p Wait... they are rice, they plug into a 12 volt outlet! :p

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pedals

Do they not glow because you didnt connect them up or because they dont come that way? There is a guy selling sets on eBay that supposedly glow (connect to 12volt dc) with neon plasma light for $59 each set. Do you think Id be getting ripped? Ill have to go see what Pepboys has...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mine don't glow because they aren't supposed to. There are no lights in them.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steering wheel cracking and probs

Speaking of pedals and fixing interior parts...

My steering wheel is cracking so I put a cover on it, looks good, but now on the left horn button, the plastic around it is cracking so the horn button is about to pop out. Is this an easy fix? Should I just try to glue the trim piece back together or can I find this piece at the dealer or will I have to buy a whole new Horm button? And speaking of that, my horn sounds kinda "sick" like its dragging. Anyone replace their horn with something kewl like a Mercedes or BMW horn? ANy suggestions?

Back to steering wheel. I figure if I have to take off the cover to fix the horn button cracking, I might as well paint the cover. Im thinking paint it yellow. i want to paint some of the parts on the dash and the doors yellow. Ive seen this done in a blue MX-3 at a show. They had the steering wheel cover, parts on the dash, the glove box, and accent parts on the doors painted yellow and it looked pretty hot. I guess I could shoot a digital pic, and bring it into photoshop and play with it. Anyone done this sort of interior mod?

Also, one other thing... I dont mean to be adding things. My original MAZDA emblemed blue floor mats look like shit and have holes in them. Where can I get some that say MAZDA on them that arent gonna cost me? The dealers dont seem to have them anymore... And the carpet is stained around the center console. Anyone have any luck dying or cleaning stains out of the carpet? Its blue carpet.

Thanx for all the input.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My wife borrowed a steam cleaner and did both our cars, I can't believe the job it did getting 10 years of dirt out of the car. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Jake, screw the covers and stuff.
A junked MX-6 here still has the steering wheel, it's in good condition, it's gray though, dunno the color of your interior. I'll find out how much the guy wants for it if you want. email me at [email protected] and lemme know.

·
Registered
379 Posts
What I think is that the typo on that box label sticks out like an orange plaid shirt in an Amish church. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you want, you could get a leather steering wheel out of a 2nd gen RX7. I love mine. It's quite thicker than the stock plastic MX6 wheel. I paid $12 for mine at the local wrecking yard. It bolts on, but you need to make a spacer to make the horn work, and the turn signals cancel. I just glued a few pieces of cardboard together and cut them to the right shape/thicknes. Nice easy cheap mod.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leather steering wheel

I have a nice rigid cover on the steering wheel that makes it thicker tho... the leather steering wheel... it wouldnt be the same color, its brown right? Wouldnt really go with a blue and yellow interior...

And my steering wheel has a 4WS emblem in the center indicating a 4 wheel steering car. Id like to keep that. I may look at a 2nd gen steering wheel. Im going to the RX-7 club meeting this saturday in Houston. There are about 50 that show up.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The wheel is black. But, it's you car, so whatever you think is best.

·
Registered
375 Posts
rx7 club

Hey Jake, when and where do they meet? I didnt even know there was an rx7 club in Houston. Im interested in going, let me know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts