Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the heater on floor never stops flowing when I have the heat on. no matter what I have the climate control set @ (defost, vents,). I was wondering if someone new what the problem is and how to fix it. my shoes are literally melting.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
So you're saying that if you put the heater on defrost it still stays pegged on the floor? Does it come out of the defrost at all?

I would suggest checking the fuses. I know MX-6's are electronically controlled climate (unlike the Probe which is vacuum controlled) so that's where I'd start.

If you end up needing a new climate control button module, I have one I can sell you.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Could be the motor or actuator the changes the air output has gone out.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
look under your wheel and you will see the vent. if you are really pissed off about it, you can force it back to close position. otherwise just duck tape it shut till you fix it (though i will warn you that the tape goop may end up running creating a stubborn mark when you go to pull it off)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about duck taping it. I might bring it somewhere so they can tell me the problem and then I'll have it fixed at home. Thanks peeps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts