Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think Im gonna buy the centerforce stage 2 clutch.. and find out if I can machine like 4 pds off my flywheel... I was wondering what you guys may think of this ?? since my clutch slips lke a bitch anyways im gonna take the plunge and go all out on this. I hope some of you mx6 gods will give me some feed back on this... so whaddya think??!?!?!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
202 Posts
flywheel/clutch

If you are going all out, you might want to check the bulk buy on probetalk.com for fidanza aluminum flywheels. They claim to be safe and very strong at only 9 lbs! You should have no problem shaving only 4 lbs of the stock one though. People have gone lower than that. The other option is to check the junk yards for an mx3 flywheel. They are lighter than ours, and can still be milled down a little further. As for the clutch, I don't want to open up this argument again, but I have read the discussions about all the clutch options, and the clutchmasters had the most opposition. You might want to consider the act or vitek clutches. I have also heard tell of a great clutch called valley friction from a shop in cali I believe. Hope that helps.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mm

I probably should have put this in the lounge,

so I made another one in there...

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone else?