Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i have been researching for ages but now i want to know of the people who have done a turbo upgrade on our cars that acually worked and how well it acually did work???

Come on guys i know a few of you with t28s on stock manifold this is the sort of thing im after so i can start buying the gear i need how much did it cost for your adaptors?? and so on so on

I want to get this started as soon as possible a t28 is quite cheap to get from a mate so please tell me whats going on or suggest another turbo that could bolt up.

Bolt up would be awesome :p

Please tell me what you guys have got im killing for more power and a much harder boost, one thats not so dead at 5 grand i wanna hit redline pulling hard for once lol

Robbo

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm no expert but XsKaPe did a successful (but not problem free) T28 conversion and I think now he might be finally happy with it, anyway his troubles have given him a lot of experience in the matter, search for some of his posts and you'll get a lot of info, plus you can PM him for more details.

I know that according to him the T28 is not a very good turbo to use, but if you're getting it real cheap from a mate then I spose its better than the stocker.

·
Registered
580 Posts
hey robbo, I'm sellin my my turbo/custom manifold/3" off turbo to cat as package...pm if your interested.. turbo only done bout 18-19 000kms since it's rebuild...

·
Registered
461 Posts
With my vf22 i made 165kw atw and 799nm atw on 12psi,wouldev made more if a had a 3' exhaust.Now i got a APS s/r 40 bb turbo (440hp) which i bigger than the vf22 i just gotta finish my 3' exhaust then its back on the dyno.The spool up with the vf22 and an aftermarket ecu was insane it would hit boost at 1500rpm and shortlly after that full boost.Great turbo for street.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
799nm? thats amazing!!!.. i heard your car was quick, but god damn..

what kinda figures are you expecting with this new turbo man?..

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
surely not 799nm? That must be a typo, call me sceptic but our stocker boxes would disintergrate trying to move that much torque. Though i will apologise if im wrong, just sounds too much.

·
Registered
461 Posts
hhehe
ill b happy if i get 5-10kw more at the same boost level with this turbo.Then we ll tune it for high boost,18-20psi using av-gas.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Jet, just out of curiosity.. how often do you drive your car? its not a daily is it?..

i think its safe to say that you probably will have one of (if not, THE) fastest f2t powerd mx6/tx5 around...

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Im pretty ****e at this mechanical stuff, but I am under the impression at at the wheel torque figures can be a bit misleading due to the action of the gearbox acting as a torque multiplier.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Dyno's measure the tractive effort, and give a torque figure for that...it doesn't really correlate well to engine torque, or wheel torque figures.

Going by the power he is making, I'd say torque would be in the 400nm range. 400-450, which make no mistake is a ****load...

Pete

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah a stock 5.0ltr v8 that revs to 5.5k produces about 165kws and about 400nm and that's at the flywheel so buddy you've got a v8 eating machine right there pal, good work.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
With that turbo Jet will have much more than a V8 eating machine....especially the 5 litre kind.

The right tune on that turbo should see around 220-240kw atw. Should be good for mid-low 12's I'd say Jet...is that the aim?

Pete

·
Registered
461 Posts
with the vf22 the has allready ran a 108mph on 14psi and probethis from probetalk has done [email protected] in his f2t using nitrous.Ill b happy anywhere in the 12s with slicks.The car is a daly driver but has not been driven for months bcoz off ppl fkn me around with tunning the wolf and so on, so it kinda draged on for ages.Then i had the car dynoed finally and this turbo came up so off the road again but now at least ill have a 3inch all the way ,bigger turbo and the locker which was done b4 the dyno.

turbo pic here

1 - 15 of 15 Posts