Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.....i badly need to clean my Windshield Washer Pumps! I don't know the exact name for them but, they are the 2 things on the hood that the washer fluid come out of and they are both clogged with wax from when i was cleaning my car during summer. Anyway, the fluid goes all crazy and I can't wash my windshield too well! HOW DO YOU TAKE THOSE BUGGERS OFF??? I would try and force them but, knowing me i'd do something worse! Please get back to me anyone! Thanks alot!
Little Bastard,

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey. i had this problem once and all i did was that i took a hand needle and cleened that with that but since then it just sprays the fluid really wierd .... but at least something ....
anyway i dont recomend to do that ....
sorry man

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
hey man just take a tooth bush and clean the hole, or a neddle will be better to get down in the holes, but dont take them off, it will be hole sin your hood, that is not cool,i am going to get mine taken off when i get my body work done

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the same problem. What I did is put a small pin in the holls to clear the wax. That seems to work pretty good, but all I need to do is get the steams aimed better on the windshield.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
want to take'em off ......

I just wanna take them off so i can soak em in some water and clean them.....then put them back on......Its too cold and too hard to stand outside and try to free up frozen wax!!!!!!!!

Little Bastard,
P.S
How do you just take them off

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Taking them off will be way to much work man.... actually, is there a way to take them off.. in any case, what i would do is just boil some water, then place it in a cup or container of some sort.Then ass some liquid soap or dish washing fluid. Mix it up real well and make sure it's still hot when you take it to your car. Then grab a tooth brush and just start scrubbing away while pouring the mixture towards the hole. after a couple of minutes, spray some washing fluid and see if it clears. Do this over and over until it's clear.

I have cleaned the jets on all of th ecars in my family like this and they are all working fine now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts