Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just got a 93 MX6 with a 5 speed manual transmission 2 weeks ago and i am already having problems the second day i had it the clutch went out and i had take it in. They said the master cylinder needed to be replaced so $200 later i had a working car again. now just 5 days after i get it back i'm on the interstate doing 75 in 5th gear at abuot 3300-3400 rpms and it feels like clutch is engaging and disengaging on its own i would lose speed then suddenly lurch forward. at first i thought it was the cruise so i turned it off but the problem persisted so i pulled off on the next exit and pushed in the clutch so i could stop and much to my dismay my rpms shot up to 3500 and stayed there. i had to turn off the engine to get the rpms to drop then i couldn't get it to restart and had to push start it. i had this problem before when the master cylinder was going out could i possibly have killed the clutch in 3 days? has anyone ever heard of something like this?

·
Registered
550 Posts
i would take it back to the shop that did it. obviously they didnt do something right if i started to do the same thing in 3 days

1 - 2 of 2 Posts