Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not going to go performance route on the MP3....not worth it. I am thinking about going more AV/style with this car...mostly AV. That way I can restore the car back to normal when I want to sell it, and put the system in the next car :D

Anyway, I need some advice and I NEED some sites where I can shop around and find some prices for these things:

Head Unit:

Pioneer AVHP7500DVD
DVD Audio/DVD Video/CD/CD-R/MP3 reciever with built in 7" retractable LDC touch screen

Front Speakers:

Boston Z6 component speakers

Rear Speakers:

Boston SL95 rear deck speakers

Speaker Amp

JL Audio 450/4 amp

Sub

JL Audio 10W7

Sub Amp

JL Audio 500/1

Enclosure

JL Audio Pro-Wedge CLS110RG-W7

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
I think JL audio is pretty careful about who is able to sell their products. I don't know of anywhere online you can get them, except maybe ebay. I don't even remember if you can get it from their site. THere were only a few places in St Louis that I could even find them at when I went to buy mine.

This is what I found on their website:

With e-commerce expanding like wildfire, we get many requests asking if JL AUDIO products are available for purchase via the Internet. The short answer is yes, but these Internet retailers are not authorized, endorsed or guaranteed by JL AUDIO.

As a company, we put a tremendous amount of effort into training our authorized dealers to provide you, the end-user, with valuable advice and installation expertise. With automotive speaker systems, the importance of quality system design and installation is paramount. For that reason, we do not believe that Internet retailers can provide the level of service we feel our customers deserve and we do NOT authorize any dealer to sell product via Internet or Mail Order.

JL AUDIO products purchased from unauthorized sources carry no warranty from JL AUDIO, regardless of any claims made by the seller. We have no way of determining whether these products are used, refurbished, counterfeit, stolen or otherwise compromised. Furthermore, many unscrupulous retailers attempt to remove factory serial numbers in order to avoid detection. In the process, the speaker's ability to reliably reproduce sound is often destroyed.

As a customer, you should value the opportunity to audition products and receive face-to-face service from people who will be there for you after the sale. For that reason, we encourage you to support your local, authorized bricks and mortar JL AUDIO retailer. They have made a commitment to personal service and selection that no Internet retailer can match.

Look for the Authorized JL AUDIO Dealer plaque at your dealer. You may also search our Dealer Finder to locate dealers in your area.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I were unable to find Boston and JL....what would be a good alternative? I have hook-ups with people who deal with Pioneer. Just looking for a NICE SQ system. It doesn't have to be extremely loud or have powerful earth-shaking bass. I just want it to sound like I am sitting in a theater (minus the extremely loud part). Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Another suggestion, if you're not too worried about the cost...I bought a component set from Alumapro, and I absolutely love them, but they are pricey. They also make subs, and I have heard nothing but great things about them, except the cost.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
What kinda budget? You're talkin' some crazy cash for a setup like that. Word of advice: If you don't need it to be sickeningly loud, go with a little less power, and more money on a flawless install.

Drop from the 450/4 and 500/1 to a single 500/5, and go from a single 10W7 to a single 12W6v2, for example. The W6v2's are actually just as good OR BETTER for SQ. 100x2 is MORE than enough for the Z's (if those are what you want), and 25x2 rear will balance out nicely on the crazy-efficient 6x9's.

With the $$ you save that way (over $1000), get a nicer install and invest in an AudioControl EQS equalizer and a bunch of Dynomat and related material. (No external x-over needed with JL amps, there internal ones are better than most high end outboard units!)

Also, if you're about all-show, one-brand systems show a lot more nicely. JL XR series speakers in front will sound extremely good with clean power and a good EQ, and TR's for the rear, 'cuz they're behind you. :) If you don't cae about matching, also look into Morel, Dynaudio, Alumapro, Focal, MB Quart, CDT, and Rainbow - the Boston Z's are awesome, but for that $$, ther's a lot of killer stuff out there!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts