Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just got my tax return and am in the market for some new plug wires. What do you guys reccomend for the DX and the GT model. How are the magnecor 8.5 mm? Thanks for your suggestions.
Tate

·
Registered
666 Posts
I've heard it said on Probetalk that the Magnecor are the best you can buy for our cars. I couldn't afford them personally, but, if you have the cash, I'd say go for it.

G

·
I looked EVERYWHERE for 8mm plug wires! I couldn't find them anywhere!! How much are the Magnecor plugs?? Who else makes 8mm plug wires??

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
38 Posts
NGK Wires

NGK wires are 8mm. I have used those on my 2.2 N/A, and they make a difference I could feel.. I would not recommened the Magnacore Wires for jsut a litlle bolt-on's. If you have an Upgraded Turbo, and some other stuff, I would put them on.

Later

G

·
WIRES

IM RUNNING MAGNECOR WIRES FROM OVERBOOST.COM, AND IRIDIUM PLUGS, FIRES FAST, AND VVVEEEERRRRYYYY TIMELY, ID GOWITH EM

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just switched from Jacobs 8.5mm wires down to Bosch 7mm. I really don't think I feel much of a difference at all. I think the way the wires are made rather than how thick they are will give you better performance.

·
Registered
405 Posts
From What I Hear....

the larger the wire the more sheilding there is, not a larger gauge wire. you would need more sheilding if you had a upgraded ingition system. because you would be running more power to the plugs. more power--more sheilding, to help keep them from shorting out.

why did you switch wires?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Cause my old 8.5mm started coming apart from the inside each time I pulled the boot off. The metal piece that goes on the plug wouldn't let go. The car has 194k miles on it so I figure why waste an extra $40 for the Magnecors, plus its my commuter car, about 300 miles a week.

[Edited by rmtaylor on 04-02-2001 at 01:36 PM]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts