Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have to change my wires and plugs. Checked some sites and review some articles... seems NGK plugs are best even over platinums. But what about silicone wire sets? Anyone have some ideas about some HP wires less and $150? And where to get them? Other than corksport and nopi... or are these guys best? L8tr

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not sure about NGK plugs. I just replaced my the NGK plugs on my brother's integra with BOSCH platinum +4 and they seem to have made a noticable difference especially at higher speeds on the highway. His old NGK's were gapped properly and in overall good condition.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I asked about the plugs about a month ago and got some good feedback. Pretty much people said the Boschs were not worth the extra dough. Those that had tried them in there KL03's said the NGK's ran better and switched back. I dont really know if it makes a differance for four bangers cause I didnt ask. I dont know about the wires, thats something I would like to know as well. Hope that helps and you havnt spent the extra money on the Platnium 4's.

G

·
0 Posts
As for plugs, I would say stick to NGK. The engine don't respond too well to the platinum plugs I have heard. For wires, Bosche makes some decent ones for 80 bucks, and if you really want performance, you can get some Magnecor Race Wires. They can cost anywhere from 150 - 250 depending on where you get them online. I got mine at a local shop for 155.00.

G

·
0 Posts
_bullet_ride_ said:
As for plugs, I would say stick to NGK. The engine don't respond too well to the platinum plugs I have heard. For wires, Bosche makes some decent ones for 80 bucks, and if you really want performance, you can get some Magnecor Race Wires. They can cost anywhere from 150 - 250 depending on where you get them online. I got mine at a local shop for 155.00.
do not get bosch wires! Mine fell apart 3 months after I bought them. I got the NGK WIRES from autopartsgiant.com for A$55. Stick with the ngk v plugs(2 bucks a pop at pep boys0.

MX-6 BOY

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well guys, I blew some money. I didn't get the magnecore wires b/c I've heard some things about them... I also didn't get the NGK's... I opted for the Vitek instead. Asked around and haven't heard anything otherwise... got the color I wanted too (cost me $100! $50 for the wire probably) Oh well, Got them for $140... will get NGK plugs too. Thanks for the input though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts