Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHICH PLUGS Ok i know that this question gets asked alot but i can't see a clear choice on any forums i have read, so HELP!!! Is it NGK, Bosch, Denso which one, better yet everone post to which plugs you have choosen help :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
NGK all the way..

Josh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
Bosch Platinum 6. About $5.99 a piece, but they're are worth it. I doubt I'll be using anything else unless convined otherwise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
Harmony said:
Bosch Platinum 6. About $5.99 a piece, but they're are worth it. I doubt I'll be using anything else unless convined otherwise.
Bosch Platinums are some of the most overrated plugs ever designed. They are more a gimic than anything. With NGK's they are more specifially design for a Probe....as long as you make sure to get the correct part number. NGK's arent as expensive as the Bosch's are either IIRC.

Josh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now which kinds

Just the basic NGK or the iridium i have old NGK's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,858 Posts
Bosch Platinums (regular ones) or NGKs are great. I prefer the plats because they are stocked at my local AutoZone, and are cheaper than NGKs.

I have run both the Bosch Plats and the NGK standard plugs. There is no discernable difference in performance between them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Just get whatever's cheep. Plugs arn't going to make a difference in performance unless the ones that are in you car are old and not functioning properly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
i just changed mine a couple days ago...... i had ngks in before and wanted to see the difference so i purchased some bosch plat +4's..... so far so good... idle is a bit better and ive seen some improvement on acceleration and gas milage....


i also have a question......... i had some oil in pistons 1 & 3 i believe........ worn piston rings?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,858 Posts
kronix said:
i also have a question......... i had some oil in pistons 1 & 3 i believe........ worn piston rings?
Oil in the cylinders (beneath the spark plugs) or oil in the spark plug well? The latter is most common on our cars, and represents a leaking valve cover gasket.

Leaky piston rings would result in oil in the cylinder and oil burning in the exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
yea putting in new spark plugs isnt going to make any noticeable difference unless your car really needs a tune up .But if you are looking for better performance ,ngk spark plugs and spark plug wires would make a slight difference.NGK spark plugs are like 10-12 bucks a piece,so dont waste your money unless you are gonna go all the way and do ngk plugs,wires and msd ignition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
gurlsrace2 said:
yea putting in new spark plugs isnt going to make any noticeable difference unless your car really needs a tune up .But if you are looking for better performance ,ngk spark plugs and spark plug wires would make a slight difference.NGK spark plugs are like 10-12 bucks a piece,so dont waste your money unless you are gonna go all the way and do ngk plugs,wires and msd ignition.
NGK spark plugs are around 2 dollars a piece
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top