Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just put a KLZE in my 93 mx6 ls. I have done some searching but some of the information ive found kind of contradicted itself. I know alittle bit about cars, but have a friend who is a mechanic who is helping me install the engine. Right now the vaccum lines are not all hooked up in the right spot but the car is idling around 2500 rpm. I was just wondering if when the vaccum lines are right will this fix the idle that much or is something else probably wrong. Also does the egr have to be installed on the ZE have to be installed or could this be part of the idle problem too? Any help would be greatly appricated since I have to have the car back this weekend.
Thanks
Chase

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
there should be a vacum diagram on the search if you look it I remember seeing it somewhere.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
RevZempoe said:
<------------------
Your higher idle is caused by me opening the IAS to keep it from just stalling all the time. ;)

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Bleh, get on it already will you? With someone else there, it should be as simple as removing the 12 bolts/nuts that hold it down and then one of you holds it up and the other takes out the gaskets and puts the pre-RTV'd phenos on.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
walnut dust? lol sounds like chin nuts to me.....
must be something I've never heard of before

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all of the advice, sorry I havent been on here earlier, my internet was messed up. Now I have a new problem. It seems I have an oil leak. It was coming from the front and rear bank of the motor so we replaced the cam seals, valve cover gaskets, and intake gaskets, but it is still leaking from somewhere else. we let the car warm up in order to fill it with radiator fluid, and it was on a cold night so that took a while. No leak. Then we drove it up to the store and by the time we stopped there was a huge puddle of oil on the ground. It seems that it starts to leak really bad around 4,000 rpms. Also this is the second oil pump on this motor, so i don't think it is that either. Has anyone else had this problem or a solution. Thanks again for all the help.

Chase

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
There likely isn't any "carbon" built up in the intake manifold at least.. in the combustion chamber, perhaps a little. Remember, these engines don't have EGR which is where the carbon in the IM comes from.

I removed my IM after 25k+ miles to get it Powder Coated and the only thing it had inside was a little oil from the PCV and rear cross-over which I could wipe off by hand (so it wasn't caked on) but then had it acid dipped to get it all cleaned out completely.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts