Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really? This site hasn't sold out enough with our billion ads and now we even have a sponsored section? That needs a PASSWORD that people don't know?

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I think they are giving us the cold shoulder because of all our questions. Seems like they really have no interest in helping us, all that matters is the $. The site is spinning down the toilet because of lack of assistance.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
No one is minding the store, adn we all look like fools because of it.

Dear autoforums staff:

you're fired.

Reactions: SixSick6

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Everyone pull together some money and buy this site out, get it right again. They keep adding pointless crap on here and clogging this site with adds that no one will go to.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
yep have the admin send you the forum database. All like 1.5 terabytes of it

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
ok I'll get on it for you

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
id image its probably smaller than than if you

a. ditch avatars and site uploads (has anyone even used that yet?)
b. don't bother keeping threads from the regional or sponsor boards.
c. remove the new news section
d. get rid of ads :D

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
If it is that simple of backing up the site I will buy a 1.5 TB or 2 TB external hard drive and send it to the admin or scooby, whoever is possible to back the entire site up.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I doubt autofourms is simply going to give anyone of their forums in hard drive form. Might as well be handing you all the money they paid for this site.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Well, I really hope scooby made a backup before he sold it then or if he can still make one now because I have a feeling this site is going to be deleted, or if autoforums is just going to let it run rampant as long as the money is comming in from all the ads.

Fucking might as well delete the forums and just put all adds on the mainpage.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Maybe you guys should not speak quite so harshly about the current site owners. They could just shut it off if it's not making enough revenue to cover the cost of it's bandwidth.

Am I the voice of reason? Not my usual role..

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Maybe you guys should not speak quite so harshly about the current site owners. They could just shut it off if it's not making enough revenue to cover the cost of it's bandwidth.

Am I the voice of reason? Not my usual role..
But we know that isn't going to happen, since we are still bringing up their revenue. And we know they are all about the revenue.

Cost of bandwidth? I'm going to assume Scooby at least stayed even, with 1/20th of the ads.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
But we know that isn't going to happen, since we are still bringing up their revenue. And we know they are all about the revenue.

Cost of bandwidth? I'm going to assume Scooby at least stayed even, with 1/20th of the ads.
You are correct that if the site is turning a profit on ad clicks/views minus bandwidth and support costs, they probably won't shut it down. It's a business though.

Making 1% profit (potentially huge underestimate) hardly makes it worthwhile for them to deal with people (especially 'staff') bitching about a few more ads on the screen.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
If people are bothered by the ads Dl adblock for firefox its free and does away with most banners and all that .. we get a somewhat clutter free site and they get the ad people paying to post the ads we dont see .. everyone wins except the advertisers ..

As for backing up the site .. Find a mirroring program .. and use it ..
How to Mirror a Web Site | eHow.com

1 - 20 of 24 Posts