Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to implement some new policy changes.

As the MX-6 platform ages, our community demographics have changed and the overall community size is slowly decreasing. I think we still have a good 5+ years in the site, but this situation does highlight the importance of new membership.

Because new membership has to be a critical function to ensure our survival of our site, we are implementing a number of new policies surrounding the conduct on the board.

Please read the following "zero-tolerance" policies very carefully. These items are already rules here, so ignorance of these will not be excusable.

1) Bashing a New Member
1st offense - 1 day of silence (no posting)
2nd offense - 7 days silence
3rd offense - 7 day ban
4th offense - perma-ban​
2) Off-topic or arguing in the technical forums
1st offense - 1 day of silence
2nd offense - 7 days silence
3rd offense - 7 day ban
4th offense - perma-ban​
3) Bashing a regular member
1st offense - Warning (5pts)
2nd offense - 1 day silence
3rd offense - 7 day silence
4th offense - 7 day ban​
4) Threatening another member
1st offense - 7 day ban
2nd offense - perma-ban​

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
For clarity: bans are IP and username bans, right? I know you can navigate the site without logging in; the only things I can't do without logging in are post and search.
And on the topic of bashing, is this limited to certain forums, or even in the lounge? I know there's a lot of joking around in there making fun of other members. Zero tolerance seems pretty cut and dry, but bashing seems to have a gray area...any mods can make the determination?

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is why the first offense for bashing is a warning. This allows us to determine if it was a joke or not. If it was a joke then the offense will be removed.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly is the community really getting smaller? If it goes under ...work could get pretty boring.
slightly. The recent lull in activity is more due to the spring/summer than the community shrinking, but it is inevitable that the community will shrink since the car has been discontinued for so long.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Wow I thought (at least with the Aus Forum) we'd had an increase in new members of late.

Hopefully we can keep it all going for a few years yet!!

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Wow I thought (at least with the Aus Forum) we'd had an increase in new members of late.

Hopefully we can keep it all going for a few years yet!!
I think that as well! But then we're no where near the same size as the US forums, and Scooby's got the stats so taking that in mind I presume it would be the case!

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
I agree, I remember 2004 being particularly popular!

·
Banned
991 Posts
sounds good to me.

Honestly is the community really getting smaller? If it goes under ...work could get pretty boring.
yeah tru that man, meh let's keep this site goign for as long as we can, imean obviosly nothing lasts forever :( but what can you do. i wish we could keep these cars going

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
i wish mazda would bring it back to compete with the celica/scion/rsx, but then i'm not sure it would be the same market as there is now with the older MX6s.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
It seemed back then that more members were more active also. I didn't really start posting much until the fall of '03, and the year after that seemed very active, much mroe than now anyway.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I purged the inactive accounts last week. We were at 47k members before the purge.

Yes 2004 was our most active year. Remember that PT had quite a number of issues back then so we had a lot of traffic from them...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
[Larry the cable guy voice/]I wanna report a crime! Kansas threatened to lick me![End/]

Sorry could not resist. Def nice rules, I hope they help with our newer members and those who join from now on. Its def in place for all the right reasons. (And I know I don't want to see mx6.com go anywhere lol, I want to be here for yrs and annoy ppl :jump: )

Oh and come to think of it I forgot to report myself:
[Barney Fife voice/] Your being reported![End/] for threatening PearsonMX6 with taking his chicken :p

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I love the new "notes" under the name :lol:

Butcho Sr. vbmenu_register("postmenu_1830366", true);
Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call when you are unable to speak?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.