Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
at least your not getting butt fucking strict like chitowndsm.com and giving infractions out the ass for not capitalizing words, punctuation and spelling

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I personally feel that should be the case in some threads :lol:
Yeah but when some people can type and be perfectly understood, without the use of capitol letters and punctuation i dont see a real point to it. sometimes i come home. i see a post, and i just want to throw in a quick reply and head out the door because i have to be somewhere.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
at least your not getting butt [fizzle]ing strict like chitowndsm.com and giving infractions out the ass for not capitalizing words, punctuation and spelling
I actually prefer it that way. IIRC Dsmtalk is also like that. It boils down to a respect thing. If they can't respect the rest of us enough to capitalize and make us able to see what the fuck they're saying, then we shouldnt have to respect them enough for them to be a member of the forum. But I'm not down with being all Nazi-like with the enforcement of it. You can tell who the idiots are who cant take the time to form a coherent sentence. Crackdowns on those people on all forums would be so lovely...

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Please, thats a power trip, not a respect thing. Why not a crack down on people who curse in the forums? That could widely be considered a lack of respect. Sounds like if it shouldn't fly in a business email, it shouldn't fly on the forums. Way to show respect :tup:

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Why not a crack down on people who curse in the forums?
That's what the language filter is for.

And yes, it is a lack of respect. How much do you like reading post like these;

"Dudez how cn I get a sooper fast l33t r4c1ng m4ch1ne y0?!"

It takes 2 seconds to run spell-check, and in most cases, actually spelling a word correctly takes less key strokes than improperly spelling it.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I just want to say that these new rule reinforcements have drastically improved the site. Of the big 3 sites, I always found this one to have the best info for the 1gs, but I always seemed to get pissed off at somebody every time I read something.

Things are definitely 10 times better now! (Teddy Ruxpin rant over)

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Any possibility of expanding the cars that call this place home? I mean I know its mx6.com but if we could attract the mazda6/mazda3(I know there is a section but I don't think its frequented) owners then that'd be another whole generation this site could attract.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
We need more Protege love!! Sorry lol just being random :p

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
Any possibility of expanding the cars that call this place home? I mean I know its mx6.com but if we could attract the mazda6/mazda3(I know there is a section but I don't think its frequented) owners then that'd be another whole generation this site could attract.
The idea has crossed Scooby's mind.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
The idea has crossed Scooby's mind.
The protege/3 owners have mazdas247.com which is EXTREMELY popular to them.. while they have subsections for other cars if you ever see a bulk buy, its easiest to assume its for the protege. i dont know how well it would play out expanding the forums unless you aimed at changing the domain name at some point. besides asuna is on that site too whoring out attention for the pictures of his "RIDE"

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Hmm, 626, Millenia and 929 are interesting and different cars. I would be happy to make the first few posts in the 929 section with the new car ^.^

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
So why are the expiration dates for these warnings/infractions so much longer than a standard one>? I mean, one of these has a 3 month expiration on it:confused:

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
we still need to tweak it a bit..
keep in mind that the expiration for the points does not mean how long the punishment lasts.
For example if you get a 10 point infraction, you will likely be silenced for a single day but the points will not expire for 3 months.
This means that any additional infractions in that time period will add up for worse punishments.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
For example if you get a 10 point infraction, you will likely be silenced for a single day but the points will not expire for 3 months.
This means that any additional infractions in that time period will add up for worse punishments.
This I understand, and is the reason I ask. A rerlated questino would be, is do these points accrue along with the rest of the infractions also? Meaning you could get a worse punishment for something unrelated to these, just from the point tally>?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Scooby said:

I believe he answered that here. Kinda like the 3 strikes rule. Only that it's on a time frame.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.