Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for those of you who dont know I tracked down polyurethane control arm bushings from a Australian company called SuperPro. Their kits include control arm bushings that come in different setting from PS & DS Standard Setting Caster, PS Increased DS Decreased Caster, PS & DS increased Caster. the kit also comes with Rear sway bar bushings in a number of different sizes (13mm, 16mm, 18mm, 20mm, 22mm). I recently started a BB for them, if you are interested visit here:http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76785

These are much better even Mazdaspeeds. They are cheaper too.

If you are curious about what the benefits are read Travis Williams own words

TravisWilliams_GT said:
Think of it this way. Your car was made between 1992 and 1998, depending on your year. So this means that if you had the first Probe that rolled off the assenbly line, your car would be over 10 years old. Adn if you had the LAST probe that rolled off the assenbly line your car would already be 5 years old. So bear this in mind as you think of the wear and tear that your suspension undergoes every day.
Some cars (like mine) have over 200,000 miles on them. If you take the age of the serviceable parts on your car's suspension, that is the parts that wear out, like suspension bushings and struts and springs and tie rod ends and bal joints, and factor in how many miles you have on your car, then you can see that it is only a matter of timebefore they need replacing, if they don't already.
Now, look at the price of the parts of these items from the dealership, and compare them to these aftermarket replacements, you'll see that upgrading to the better part is actually CHEAPER than utilizing OE parts or the "fabled" Mazdaspeed bushings.

Look, everyone on Probetalk will not buy these things. MOST PEOPLE on Probetalk don't MAINTAIN their cars the way that they SHOULD maintain their cars.

Hmmmm, but those that care, will.

You see, the people that just drive their cars wonder why their front end rattles and shakes like it is about to fall off when they go over bumps, and they complain about how their car has wheel hop and their car never is aligned correctly. You ever burn through a brand new set of tires on your car, and wonder what happened, because you swore you got it aligned right after you bought them? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

All of these things come into play when you start talking about the front Suspension Geometry of our cars. If one part is wore out and loose, then it seriously affects all the rest of the components that effect alignment of the car. If you care, you MAINTAIN your vehicle. If you don't, you don't.
Josh

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Good stuff. I would be in on that BB in a second.

Ever seen the prices for replacement bushings from Ford/Mazda?

They wanted almost 100 bucks for the PS rack ones...
-Garrett

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sound about right. The polyurethane ones are as much or cheaper than stock replacements. So you are gonna get in on this bulk buy?

Josh

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
nolanspawn said:
That sound about right. The polyurethane ones are as much or cheaper than stock replacements. So you are gonna get in on this bulk buy?

Josh
:( Sorry, can't. Please note signature
-Garrett

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am interested but need a tutorial regarding the castor options on the bushings. Please explain the PS and DS increase and decrease effects and differences and when they would be needed.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go check Probetalks thread when it comes back up. PS=Passenger Side DS=Drivers Side.

Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts