Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey dudes and dudettes...

im thinkin about sellin the 6 maybe soon...but not sure yet...

however pondering other cars which i would get....
must be:
1. 4cyl
2. stylish
3. under $16 000
4. 1995+
5. preferably performance car/turbo...

hit me with some ideas other than the obvious wrx and 200sx...

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
both too told...i dont want the headaches of finding parts like with the mx6

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
sam, really there isnt many cars that fit that critera, unless ur want S13,14 or a R32 or R33

or even a Mx5 ?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
xr6 0r 8 falcon...um the usuall 200's silvias and shit, gtir pulsar maybe?? sr2 laser turbo (not many around) thats all i can think of

·
Registered
868 Posts
if you dont want the hastle of finding parts, buy a commodore or a skyline :p

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
only really one is r33 and s14. and u guys are fogetting, y go joap :p
the volvo s40 is an absolutely beautiful car. so good infact i comprehended selling mine, get a loan and get one. about 12k or so, turbo. you tell ppl u got a volvo and theyre like ewww. go out and see it, DAMN.
also audi a4's (turbo ones)

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah...not too sure what i want if i do end up selling the '6. ive always loved all 200sx's though.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
nah too common

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeha i kow but ive had enough of the rareness of the mx6. probably leaning towards a late model integra vtir... always loved the look of em....

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
volvo lima *lol* ha ha ha volvo :) gonna wear ya grandpa hat while ya driving???

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol @ volvo...no chance...
ive been weighing up my options with insurance etc...
200sx comes in at around $2k per year comprehensive insurance...
while the integra comes up at $1.7k per year comprehensive...

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
see, i love that, every1 gives shit to volvo drivers, and yes they deserve it becoz its all accountants and shit driving them. but if a young person drives them, and isnt conservative themselves, it gives an entirely different approach to it. its like young ppl buying mercs and bmws, but on a far more extreme level

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
>97 prelude, i reckon they are nice, and are easily found under the 20k mark. :D
supra maybe?

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
i know exactly where your coming from duckie. question at hand tho is do u want fwd or rwd ???

fwd look at the 00 celica or dc5 integra,
other than that rwd, look at your s13's, s14's, s15's, 180sx, r32's, NO 33's, r34's. all those minus hte 33 can get very good upgrades and use any mods on the stock ecu, no need for powerr fc bullshit or otherwise, the 33 tho, u can't work on those facotry ecu's

·
Registered
793 Posts
type R integra 141kws, factory recaro's very nice

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
type r is just out of my price range...im looking favourably at the later model vtir's at the moment...

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
You could always look at a few rx7s, tho they might be out of the range you are looking for. if you want something stylish then perhaps look at some audis. audi 80, A4 etc. theres 1.8T engines and 2.8 6 cyl, coupled with quattro AWD, there might be something in there for you. ive seen a few done up audis, and they can be done up stylish, but when you overdo them youll look like king P.I.M.P. im also not sure how reliable or how far you can take the engines, but you know food for thought. its good that youre thinking outside the rex n 200sx box :tup:

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Saab Aero?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts