Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. This may sound incredibly stupid to everyone out there, but i was just wondering. Everyone talks about increasing the air induction, so my question is, is there any way to increase the fuel injection speeds, or amounts? Again that might be stupid but it is a question that I have never seen on this board.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, you can buy larger injectors (they rate them by cc/minute; normal is around 280cc/minute I think). A standard upgrade is like 350cc, but I have heard of guys who have 720cc injectors. The injectors limit how much fuel the engine can get: the bigger the injectors, the more fuel and therefore more hp that is possible (larger injectors only make the higher hp POSSIBLE, they themselves won't raise the hp). If you do anything like this, you should probably invest in a better fuel pump and an engine management system.

You can also use the size of your injectors to determine the max hp that your engine can produce. If you interested, I can give you the formula so that you can figure this out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts