Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HEAR PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT PORTING AND POLISHING THEIR MANIFOLDS THRU A PLACE CALLED RAW POWER. QUESTIONS:
-WHERE ARE THEY?
-DO THEY HAVE A WEBSITE?
-HOW MUCH $?
-HOW MUCH HP?
-TORQUE?
-THEY DO THROTTLE BODIES TOO?
-AND SOMEONE SAID THEY SEND YOU ONE THEN U SEND YOURS BACK ON A 200 DEPOSIT AND THEY'LL POWDER COAT IT(mmmmm, powder coating=)...). IS THIS PART TRUE? WILL THEY DO THAT ON A T/B AS WELL?
THANX.
P.S.- I HAVE A 2.5L
P.S.2.-DOES VRIS DO ANYTHING WITH THE MANIF. DONE? I WAS TOLD WITH IT DONE IT HELPS TO TIE EM OPEN.
THANX AGAIN

[Edited by BLUMX6 on 11-19-2000 at 09:54 PM]

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
"RAW POWER" is the nick of a guy named Chris who frequents probetalk.com. He's got a die grinder and, apparently, some experience hogging out 2G intakes.

I found this:

http://www.abada.sphosting.com/GoFasta/intake/

showcasing some of Chris' stuff. There's also a link to contact Chris there. I've seen one instance where a car gained something like 5-7HP from a "Stage 4" manifold. Not too bad, but at $US250-ish, I'd like more power/$ :)

I think he does throttle bodies too. You'd have to ask him.

As for VRIS, I don't believe that there's enough data out there to support the idea that doing anything other than leaving the VRIS in the stock configuration and operating condition is beneficial. Certainly, on a stock manifold, altering VRIS operation does not help and in fact hinders output. When the manifold is ported out, the resonance characteristics may change some, but I don't believe enough to warrant full removal of the VRIS plates.

Put simply, more study needs to be done by someone with access to a dyno, a RAWPOWER manifold & a stock one, lots of time and a logbook...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Stage 5

i'm getting the stage5 work done on mine. Hopefully i'll get a before and after dyno of that. I'm hopeing to see some good gains considering all my mods.

give him a shout.. he also has done work on KLZE manifolds, so don't be shy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts