Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mx6's
Us Ford Probe owners of Australia are possibly looking at changing our Clubs name to accomodate additional owners of these two wonderful motor cars.
This is one proposed name change.

Probe/MX-6 Club Of Australia

It would be nice to really get some numbers to various meets and this is certainly one way of generating additional interest in both groups.
You can find myself and other probers at
http://www.probetalk.com

Jerry(AussieGTS)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am all for it. I am sure that despite the replies on probetalk that there are many MX owners who would enjoy and benefit from the club.

The issue that we would both face is recruitment of new members. I have so far counted about 15-20 different names taht have gone through this board from AU. Yet the car was pitched at urban professional with high disposable income who would most certainly have internet connections. Why then do we not see more traffic.

No one knows we exist. I think the idea that came out of the probetalk board for a flyer to be placed on cars was great. I see many in my travels, both MXs and Probes. If I had a supply of flyers in my car. I am sure we could triple the site traffic in 6 months.

As for the delay in posting this reply, I only get by here about once every 2 weeks.

I am very keen for a Sydney branch of any club to welcome me. I was on the recent combined sunday drive, and we were all keen to keep it up.

Another problem we face is 2 BBSs to keep threads alive.

Trev

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK looks like we will be trying to do a few more things together, in Sydney at least!
We are modifying the flyers to accomodate both MX6 & Probe, including both web sites. They should be available from the AUSPOC web site soon for download.
Trevor, I believe that you guys are up to organise the next run! How about sometime after Easter?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am away on Hols after easter, so the first weekend in May would be better.

I will draw up an itinary

Trev

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apart from Trevor, there seems to be very few if any who are interested in this merger.
Jerry

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Jerry,

Yes I agree with you, but I think this whole merger has been blown out of the water a bit. The comment was made, that one day we might expand/join the AUSPOC club to more formally recognise the MX6.

I wasn't supposed to mean that it happen straight away. i think we need to clean up our own back yard before we can bring down the fence.

Trev

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Trevor,

Well we could start by adding you to our Owners Gallery on the AusPOC site, all we need is some decent electronic pic's of your cars and a bit of a description like the ones currently there :)

Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts