Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i replaced my valve CG and added spacers and am getting a bad idle. And now codes 17and 24 which are the O2 secors. Ive been searching forever still trying to find a soloution and i read that certain gasket sealeants arnt O2 safe. The fumes can actually cause your O2s to mess up. i remembered that i put TONS of gasket sealant on there to make shure it wont leak. After driving my car for a long time i get some white smoke coming from the rear exhaust manifold and under the intake manifold. Could this darn gasket sealant actually be messing up my O2s??? and my idle?? I want to know for shure before i take the manifold off again. thanks

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
LOL... you should have said that before man...LOL

HOW much sealant did you use? if you drain your oil, will there be gobs of it in there?...LOL

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a bit all over the spacers. I just outlined the spacers the the sealant, i put some on my throttle boy gasket also. Do you think thats whats causing my bad idle?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
you put it on the spacers?...LOL

so when you tighten the bolts it sqeezes into the ports and gets sucked into the cylinder??? anyone wanna see if gasket sealant burns white???...LOL

run it REAL hard to get all that sh!t out of the ports, replace the O2 sensors, and then tell us how your idle is...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts