Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

381 - 394 of 394 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
harness is no problem...I have to repair mine as well. the bottom of the driver side bucket has a square hole in it...not sure how it got there, but looks melted somehow. As well as the retrofit that's going to happen and re-wiring the fogs so they are indy of the headlights and brights...I have a little wiring work to do up front lol

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
well our light have just one plug that you can undo, then the whole headlight, and all lights are unhooked. on the projector lights, every single light has its own single plug.

all i did was go to a junkyard, and rip out a set of OEM headlight harness's that are normally internal on our headlight. (i destroyed the headlight to get them out) then i had to find donor plugs to match up to the JDM lights. the hardest was whatever the jdm bright light is. i ended up using a H4 socket without the upper wire being used. but at least now i can just unplug my light to remove them just like stock.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Pretty sure its an H3. *edit* no yours isnt an H3 its a single beam H4, I think it must just A-spec ones that are H3

So the USDM lights dont have a 55W halogen in the lamp part nearest the grille ?

It sounds like our lights are the same as the JDM ones if thats the case.

I find the lighting efficiency of the lamp housings to be pretty bad, you need an unbelievable amount of light to get anything useful out of it compared with my GC and other cars.

I made up a set of lamps modified to take HIDs and I had 55W H4 Hi/Lo HIDs in each side plus a single 55W HID for hi beam in the middle ones.
Even then the output is what I would call adequate for country driving where there are no streetlamps

I ended up pulling out the HIDs after I smoked up two ballasts (I think one of the bulbs was faulty, but didnt want to spend any more time trying to figure it out)
The halogens went back in, 100/90 in the hi/lo and 55 in the centre ones. 55W in both is stock

I had 55W HIDs in both sides or each light

Rather than J-spec you guys in the US should get E-spec as they drive on the same side of the road meaning the low beam tilit is in the same spot, where as Aus/Japan are RHD and will be tilting the beam into incoming traffic

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
the only light that transferred over to the projectors were the indicator lights. the brights, and headlights were both different. mine are actually left hand drive lights from new zealand.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
What were LHD ones doing in NZ, I wonder, theyre RHD like we are in Australia.

Some countries in SE asia probably use Jspec size and are LHD...like the phillipines and vietnam and taiwan

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
What were LHD ones doing in NZ, I wonder, theyre RHD like we are in Australia.
no idea. but they were listed as such when i bought them, and are even stamped right on the housings as being LHD. ;)

its actually the only reason i bought them. originally i wanted the two piece euro ones. but i wasnt going to say no to such a sweet set up.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The only known 1993-1997 US 626 (Florida) with a European Grille (bracket modification required). Only exception is MonoxideChild's even more rare Efini European Grille with a different design.

Here's my 626 next to ND28's MX-6 during a day trip to West Palm Beach.

Grille was a gift "for everything I do for 626 owners across the world" from Zepticon in Norway.
Zepticon is the owner of the most beautiful 626 in the world (my opinion).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Been a long time.. thread seems to be quiet. Here’s some pics of my Ford Telstars to jolt this thread.

Technically rebagded 626s.

The silver one is an FS while the blue one has a KLze in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

381 - 394 of 394 Posts