Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

641 - 660 of 676 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

My "new" '95 mx6 2.5i v6

Bought this beauty two days ago, gave it a good wash and polish inside and out :) Good as new

All I want changed for now is the mags, need some attention grabbing wheels right there.

Impressed with the car so far

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Did the hood tear off the hinges after the hood latch let go, or wasn't it fastened properly (but maybe that was lucky or it would have destroyed your windshield).

I had an MGA that I had restored, and just took it for a spin to test it. I just put the hood in without the hinges, but latched. I was only going slow speeds, but it blew off, went up, and flew over the car. No damage - lucky there was no car behind me.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
That red car is nice. Looks like no dings at all. Must have been repainted sometime to look that new. How many miles on it ?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Did the hood tear off the hinges after the hood latch let go, or wasn't it fastened properly (but maybe that was lucky or it would have destroyed your windshield).

I had an MGA that I had restored, and just took it for a spin to test it. I just put the hood in without the hinges, but latched. I was only going slow speeds, but it blew off, went up, and flew over the car. No damage - lucky there was no car behind me.
So you have expereinced what I have then eh? Kind of scary i'd say.. lol And in my case, the hood was fastened properly, the pin sheared right through the hinges on both sides. I should take a picture. It's almost unbelievable. I have never seen or heard of a hood shearing off the hinges and going up over the car and onto the trunk lid before, but you are right, i am damn luck it didnt destroy my windsheild (the front or the back for the matter), as well as the roof. And i am also lucky no one else was around, like in your case.

I have a replacement trunk lid on now from one of my parts cars, and I purchased a brand new hood latch from mazda, in hopes that this never happens again. I had a carbon fiber hood laying around for a couple years now, so its finally being put to good use. :tup:

·
Registered
493 Posts
jeepers. that mustv scared the crap outta ya when that happened.
Ya it sure did...

You're lucky that didn't shatter your windshield. That could've caused you a lot of damage to both the car and you/your passengers.
Yes; I am lucky very lucky that it didnt hit the windshield. I have never seen hinges just shear off like that when someones hood comes up, but it was very windy that day. Also, i am very lucky no other people or cars were around when the hood came off; it was on a backroad, in the country.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That red car is nice. Looks like no dings at all. Must have been repainted sometime to look that new. How many miles on it ?

Nope that is the original paint job, it has a few dings on the driver's side door and just behind that as well from a shopping trolly hitting it a couple years ago (previous owner did a very rough touch up on that, but luckily it prohibited any rusting) will have that fixed sooner or later.

The reason for the nice looking paint job is some elbow grease and a DIY @ home polishing that went on for 7 hours!! Haha, I need to get an electric buffer next time.

She has 130k miles on her, engine is still running perfectly and had no problems doing 400 miles to her new home.

Front bumper was recently resprayed though.

On a side note: I want new mags and headlights!! :jump:

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts
1385707845857.jpg

1385707869347.jpg

And then... think I need more low... or a lip

1385707910067.jpg

·
Administrator
5,189 Posts
Make an account on photobucket or imageshack and upload your pic there, then link to the pic from here.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The RWD PGTS got some upgrades - KLZE, 6-speed transmission, Torsen LSD, all poly suspension bushes, CARB-legal intake, Carbotech pads, and some coilovers...and some other things.

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts
^ I dont want to concern you but some one installed your transverse engine in the wrong direction! Lol this is an awesome build... and cookies in a probe is an amazing sight with out trays locked under the back wheels.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sweet Jesus - just when i thought you couldn't get anymore intense. :tup:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
My work in progress

And whats waiting for more love

641 - 660 of 676 Posts