Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

761 - 775 of 775 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Love the seat idea! Can you post more picts of the interior?

Can you explain more detail on the process? What do you mean by rivet.....Can it be done on power seat? If yes, I will definitely upgrade to the RX8 seat..............

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello 'On Sale',
Please take a look on that picture from the bottom of the rails:

You can see there are 2 rivets/clinches for each seat arch. On the RX8 seat you need to remove the arches from the rails as on the picture and also remove the remains of the clinches. When you remove the clinches completely you will have 2 OEM wholes for each arch. Do the same for MX6 rails but from them you need to keep the arches! The OEM wholes of MX6 arches fits perfectly to the wholes of RX8 rails :tup:
In our case we used welding to attach the arches to the rails but we align them using the OEM wholes on the arches and rails. You can also use stud and nut or again clinch in the OEM wholes but we decide that it will be more reliable if we weld it down :)
Not sure if you know... but RX8 seats are not both powered. Only the driver seat is powered and not the passenger :) I take 12V power from the lighter and my power seat works great :)

p.s. As I bought the seats from UK they have right hand drive and now the power seat is the passenger one... my girlfriend really like it :tup:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Very Interesting..........I love that....I found a set for $350 US....not bad for an upgrade....

Thanks a lot

·
Fast but Safe (say WHAT?)
365 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1406869819.972912.jpg she needs a bath, but she looks great

Sent from BLACK BETTY

·
Registered
189 Posts

last weekend :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
No :D

Buddy club P1RacingII+ ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wollknoil, the body kit you have is my favorite! Infortunatelly I wasn't able to find it on a reasonable price in Bulgaria even from outside... :(

761 - 775 of 775 Posts