Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I am so cool, I was able to get in contact with Postert of Europe and they sent me 2 cool catalogs of their products. Inside one of them was the Postert bodykit for the 88-92 626, which will also fit the MX6, if the side pieces are shortened a bit (because I believe the 626 has a longer wheelbase). I really like this kit. The catalog I got was full of great bodykits - better by far than most of the Erubuni ones and others you usually see. They also sent me 11 stickers! Nice people. Anyways here is the link:

http://users.clas.net/~mcdonald/james/postert/

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey Antisuv....

yeah that's a nice kit how do I get a copy of this catalog so that I can see how much this kit costs. Let me know how to get ahold of this company.

·
Registered
52 Posts
DITTO!!!

Interested in the price for the front cover,I already have side skirts,just need the front!!!!PLEASE Help!

·
Registered
41 Posts
i like it, i want it! :) where can i get a set? they have a couple of dealers here in the states but i'm not sure if they'll have a catalog to send me. if you can find out the pricing, i'd really appreciate it! thanks.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I said, I have the catalog from which to order all the pieces. The front bumper cover would be $336 in US dollars. The whole kit together would be around $930. Kinda expensive yeah, but they seem like a proffessional company with high quality items. I imagine that even with the larger expense, the products are better values than Erubuni and others which are copies of copies etc. Of course I can't be sure unless I actually see it, but it seems like they are on the up and up to me.

Also for our cars they have lowering springs for $157, and a muffler for $185, at current exchange rates.

Here is their contact info:

Tel. +49/201/8625-137
Fax. +49/201/8625-260

I got the e-mail from the website:

http://www.postert.de

I hope at least one of us buys some things from them, because I don't want them to send a bunch of their nice full-color catalogs to a bunch of MX-6ers and not get any orders - that would be sad.

[Edited by antiSUV on 02-22-2001 at 07:18 PM]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Taxes are comming!

So as long as I can get ahold of someone to get the front cover,I think I'll be getting it.I was going to get some new stereo equipment for my car,but what I have works,so I might as well snatch this cover up while I can.I've e-mailed the two dealers for postert,I just hope they get back to me 'cause the $336(plus shipping)is doable,as long as it's a full bumper cover and not just an add on like the ECT "cover".Thanks for the info antiSUV!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to mention that the catalog which has that kit in it is the "Fahrzeugmodelle Bis '93" catalog. They sent me this catalog becasue I specifically requested one with pics of our car's bodykit. So you guys can request that one to make things easier. However, the catalog that actually has the prices in it is the "TRENDS - Exklusive Leichtmetallrader und Sportliches Autozubehor 2000" As you can tell, they are in German. Anytime you see "626 GD Fliebheck" they are reffering to the 626 hatchback of our generation. It took me awhile to figure that out.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
DROOOOOOLLLL!!

OMG!! OMG!!! OMG!!

Son of a bitch. I've been trying for MONTHS to find out more info about that body kit. Whoa....

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
very nice kit! Love it, only thing I dont like is the small opening in the rear bumper for the exhaust pipe. What if you have dual tips? Oh well, still looks great! How much is the rear?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree that the small opening is kinda annoying. I have dual tips too. I'm not really sure why they did that as every other kit they make has enough room there for dual tips. I guess it's because over there they don't get the turbo version and a 626 isn't considered a performance car.
Very discouraging because there's almost nothing you can do about it.
I also wish the back didn't ahve that little lip that goes across the bottom. I feel like it would look better if it rolled under instead of stuck out.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I like this kit a lot, but it seems that you have to paint the trim as well to make it look right.

It looks kinda stupid without the side trim painted. I wonder how it would look if one were to just get the side skirts, and front splitter, but not the rear end, since the exhaust cut out is "questionable".

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't like the spoiler in the Postert kit much at all. But of course it's optional. I really don't like any wings, and when I get my car painted I'm gonna take mine off. I think the front of the Postert kit is great though. I just wish there was another option for the rear. I wonder what the back of that grey car that anarchy posted looks like?

http://mx6.users4.50megs.com/cgi-bin/i/gallery3/g306.jpg

·
Registered
379 Posts
You could always find a junkyard with a DX in it and take the decklid off it. If you did that, though, you'd have to get the parcel shelf,too; DXs have a center high brakelight that shines out the rear widow, while the LX & GT have a spoiler-mounted CHMSL.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Body kits

I dont believe those 626 kits will fit that well. The mx-6 has different front fenders that flare.

In my opinion, that one kit from Germany is boring, and no more stylish than the kit from Spoilers Etc, which is here in Houston. That's who makes that unidentified kit someone posted about.

I also recommend against getting any kit from Germany unless you are IN Germany, as body kits are expensive to ship, easy to destroy, and difficult to get your money back on.

I was going to go over to Spoilers Etc this weekend to see his 240sx ninja kits, and if we could modify them to fit the 1st gen's. If we get enough orders, they will make just about anything we want. Im partial to the 240sx kit that Ashley had on his red 1st gen. but I like those Ninja's too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts