Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
As far as I know, the 93+ MX6's don't really have "power" door locks. The only door that has an electric lock is th epassenger side door. Then if you lock or unlock the drivers door, the passenger door will lock and unlock as well. There's no actual button that will lock or unlock the doors, however I had one made. I added a motor in my drivers side door and added a button to it next to my window buttons andnow I can lock and unlock the doors by pressing the button.

I don't know if this is relevant to your problem but, what exactly are you experiencing?

J

·
0 Posts
Keyless Entry?

Hi everyone! I'm back and will soon be ready to post some pics of my new MX6! Anyway, I have a question about our "power lock" setup--is keyless entry an option I can take advantage of? It's something I can get w/ my alarm system, but I don't think it will work. Will it? Oh, I have the locks where the drivers key will lock both doors from the outside, or I can lock/unlock both doors w/ the lever on the inside of the door.
Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
It will work. That's what I did. I added the motor to the drivers door and hooked that baby up to the alarm's brain. Now I can lock and unlock with the remore, by phisically unlocking it with the key, locking and unlocking it from the inside with my fingers and with th ebutton I had put on in my dash. ... It's possible.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Here's my question...my 95 LS has OE keyless entry w/the Mazda remote (from the factory I assume, since it's part of the leather package).

If the factory remote is able to unlock the drivers door, then it surely must have some solenoid or other mechanism to lock and unlock the door, right? Maybe this isn't present on cars without keyless entry?

Tyson
95 LS (for sale)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Australian models

In Australia all MX6's came with power windows and locks and yes the aftermarket alarm i fitted does open and lock them. I haven't yet added the feature but I am thinking of shaving my handles and lock when I get the body kit fitted my only concern is what happens when i get a float abttery or worse an alarm malfunction. Could be tricky :)

Z

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know this has been talked about before, but I am still baffled. Everyone has said that 1994 LS V6's all came with a factory alarm. Unfortunately, I dont think that I have one. I purchased the car about a year ago and I figure I would have noticed by now. I checked the fuses and they all seem to be okay - not a problem there. The only thing I can think of is it is the Canadian model. I guess my question is does anyone have a Canadian model 1994 LS V6 without an alarm?

I sure would like to know. I am also thinking of a keyless entry system as my trunk lock is seized and I would rather spend the money on a keyless system than the lock! Any suggestions?

PeMiL

K

·
0 Posts
PeMil...
I have a Red 94' LS, and yes its canadain.. It does not have an alarm!...

Also, my door locks are screwed... I know when the drivers side door lock is opened/closed the passenger lock is supposed ot follow (which it does)... THe problem is, that when i lock the driver door, then close it (not slamm it) it moved the driver side door lock JUST enough that it unlocks the passenger side, but not enough to actually unlock the driver side...

the end result... basicly the passenger side is never locked unless i use the key when bo\th doors are closed.... really piss' me of...

perhaps theres an easy fix to tighten somehting in the locking mechaism.?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
the thing thats in the door that unlocks it is called an actuator. they cost about $20 and take about an hour to pull off your panel, hook it up and run your wires (its a tight space). usually itll be hooked up to a relay that is controlled by the alarm or a button like our good buddy JPzy did.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts