Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i picked up my LS leather seats today to reupholster. Im wondering since im putting these into my I4 and i dont have power seats, how will i adjust these? Can i just switch my seat brackets around without having to modify anything?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No by the time i got done fixing up parts of my wifes new m-edition and getting my new door sills polished up it got to dark out. Gonna tackle it tomorrow hopefully. That would be nice if i did have the hook ups already there, make my life a lot easier lol.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine didnt have the wiring for the fog lights, atleast not that i could see.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that thread is in the lounge ;) I never dug around behind the dash for the plug, who knows on t hat one. I guess ill rip the seats out tomorrow and see what happens. Either way i could switch the brackets around couldnt I?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I believe the I4s have a harness for power seats. Take out your drivers seat and see if there is one there. It might be tucked away under the carpet. My car LS came with non power seats and there is a harness for power seats.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
my RS had the plug behind the dash for the fogs but when I opened the underhood fuse box there is no contacts for the fuse in that spot so mine were wired to an aftermarket switch, as for the power seats the fuse and everything I believe was in there for them so there should be wiring for them! :tup:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Since the LS power seats are powered even with IGnition OFF you can run new wires from the fuse box with a fuse tap connector. Just be sure you fuse the positive wire of the power seat.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya i was just thinking if the plug isnt there how to do it, thanks!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
awesome! good news to hear for once with this car lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts