Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been having this on-going problem with my power steering (I think) that just seemed to get worse...

Since I bought the car, everytime I turn at VERY low speeds, I hear a sort of "Creeek" sound ...when I showed Mazda they couldn't find anything.

Now, I hear this "shhhhhhhhhhhh" sound every time I turn under low speeds.
Anyone know what the hell this is?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I know what is it.. i'm having the same problem as you right now. I didn't know what the hell it was a few weeks ago.. so I just ignored the problem and kept on putting in more power steering fluid, it went away for a couple of days.. then it would come back again. I think it's the same in your case, it might be a leak. Go look under your car and see if there is a greasy fuild underneath or dripping.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never really noticed, but I'm goin' check my garage floor asap.

Thanks...

If it is a leak, how much is it going to set me back?

·
Registered
372 Posts
The leak shouldn't be that noticeable on the ground.. if you put your hand on the bottom and run through it, you should feel it if there is a leak. The "rack intinion" I think that's how it's spelled costs $565 here.. the guy says it's not contagious, so right now I'm still pouring power Steering fluid into it.
p.s - i think the labour is about 3-4 hours.. it's a pain!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had to replace my P/S pump and it took me about 8 hours even though I had a 12000 lift and every tool you could ever imagine. now I could probably do it in 2. anyway, I have a clicking noise coming out of my steering columb(it sounds like) when I steer at low speeds. anyway, this ever happen to anybody.

G

·
Similar sound

I had that for a while when I was turning slow (like into a parking spot or garage), but I haven't heard it since I had my 60K maintenance done (though that bloody dealership cost me 1600 dollars for the work!) I about lost it, but what can u do when they have your engine apart and they say you have gaskets leaking here and there? Fortunately I never have to go back again now since the warranty is almost up.

I'd check the fluids like the others say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts